kerkyra
Module wont install with UTF-8 encoding
  • 2008/5/2 11:44

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/14

I'm trying to install a module which i'm still developing to test with the new version of xoops. I want to use utf-8 encoding in my site so i downloaded the latest XOOPS version XOOPS 2.3.0 Alpha 2 Release.

After installing it, i couldnt login to admin because there was no button to click - solved that by changing my php to version 5.

Now i uploaded the module normally and tried to install it. The mysql.sql file apart from the tables contains data as well! I found out that the greek letters could not be inserted to the database because of the utf encoding used in XOOPS (while the MySQL file had iso encoding). I changed the file to utf to find out that now every single crate table command was not identified as it should and gave me errors (not valid syntax). Finally i erased the data from the file to leave only the tables with iso encoding. Now the installation passed this step and for some reason 2 templates (which are using ajax) could not be stored in the database! Also when i click on uninstall the tables from the db can not be dropped!! Any ideas?? This things used to work fine in 2.0.18 with iso encoding and php v4.

Now i'm using utf encoding, php5, MySQL 4.1.22, XOOPS 2.3.0 Alpha 2 release. Any help is appreciated!!
www.guidemap.gr - Beta is out...

Mamba
Re: Module wont install with UTF-8 encoding
  • 2008/5/2 12:03

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Alpha 3 is just around the corner, so please be patient....
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

kerkyra
  • 2008/5/2 20:22

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

please please please take into consideration utf-8! Perhaps an encoding check before installing the mysql.sql, so as to treat it right while installing a module!

kerkyra
  • 2008/5/3 11:57

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

the db error was my fault! i accidentally added the prefix to the tables in mysql.sql file. The installation is going ok now and the uninstallation of the module! Apart from the templates part which is not working for two files! In 2.0.18.1 with php5 it works and the templates are added to the db! In Alpha 2 those two templates are not compiled!!

So the main prob is the templates and the utf encoding for me during module installation. Any suggestions perhaps till alpha 3 is released?

kerkyra
  • 2008/5/12 7:33

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

unfortunately the MySQL and the templates error is still there during installation in alpha 3! Any ideas why it wont insert the template files in the db! It does that with the two templates where i use ajax...

gtop00
  • 2008/5/12 9:34

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Hi Kerkyra,

I am working on UTF8 problem. Can you join me? (check your PM)

kerkyra
  • 2008/5/12 12:10

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

hi mate, i'm in! check your pm too :)

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits