seolio
Some Advice please...
  • 2008/5/1 23:52

• seolio

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/2

I am sorry if this sounds a but random, I am at a loose end and am not sure what to do so any advice would be appreciated.
I have just had a new user register on my site with the username 'trogen', as soon as I saw it I thought of 'trojan'. I checked their email address and it looks like a randomly generated hotmail one, very similar to this - gt773i2135@hotmail - (I just changed every letter and number for something else,and removed the .com).

The problem being, I could ban them, however if they are genuine I would have lost a member which means a lot as I am in VERY close competition with a similar genre site.

What should I do? I don't suppose there is a module or another php script somewhere which will track a users activity and tell me if they do something they should not? Maybe one i could put on the server which tracks everything the user from that IP address does on my site? But obviously the IP address will probably change if it is a hacker/cracker.

let me know your thoughts, what you would do, anyone!

Thanks in advance.

Catzwolf
Re: Some Advice please...
  • 2008/5/2 0:00

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

My advise would be to email them, if you get an answer then do not ban them, but if you don't I would deactive their account. Then after say a month if they haven't logged into your website, delete the account.

I would say, better to be safe than sorry.

Catz

Anonymous
  • 2008/5/2 0:10

• Anonymous

• Since:

also install protector module, it is good tracker ;)

seolio
  • 2008/5/2 0:16

• seolio

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/2

Thanks guys, I will email him and install protector. :)

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits