Mamba
Re: Support your community members!
  • 2008/5/1 19:01

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Trabis, I told you that we'll remove the IP ban on Shine and we did. Now, how does Mr.Theme comes into it, and how does his ban have anything to do with this discussion about Shine? I am afraid, we don't have the same information, so I would like to hear from you why are you bringing Mr. Theme into it.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Mamba
  • 2008/5/1 19:30

• Mamba

Dear Ronaldus,

If you would like to take the discussion off-line, please send a PM. I'm afraid, we might operate from a different perspective and different facts, and that's why we are coming to a different conclusion. Maybe if we compare pages, we might be not that far off.

Remember one thing - there are different ways to get to a destination, and people might choose different paths. I just hope that in the end we'll be judged by the results, and not by the fact that I took a different route than you would do in my place.

I believe that we as a XOOPS are now way better than it was the case three months ago. I hope we agree that people are more excited and contributing more than before, and there are more and more developers coming back, who haven't been involved in XOOPS for a while. And believe me - this is only the beginning. DJ (phppp) and several other people are working very hard to move XOOPS forward, and I hope that all of us will join forces to support them and XOOPS.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

trabis
  • 2008/5/1 19:40

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
Trabis, I told you that we'll remove the IP ban on Shine and we did. Now, how does Mr.Theme comes into it, and how does his ban have anything to do with this discussion about Shine? I am afraid, we don't have the same information, so I would like to hear from you why are you bringing Mr. Theme into it.

As I said in the other thread, this is not just about Shine, not for me.

Sorry to post this, this is from you to Will (you gave me this remember?):
"
Plus, you haven't been banned for helping another project, but for promoting ICMS on XOOPS Website, in violation of our TOS."

Violation of TOS leads to account deactivation and not Banning.
The same as you did to Shine you need to do with Will and with others that were banned based on the violation of the TOS.

Please unblock every IP except the ones that were blocked for security reasons. All this users should be free to access this site, read the Tos, and decide to agree or not with it. Is not so?

Thanks.

jfmoore
  • 2008/5/1 19:53

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

Quote:

All this users should be free to access this site, read the Tos, and decide to agree or not with it. Is not so?

Sounds reasonable to me. Hard to do, though, if your IP has been banned. Wonder what GI Joe would think of Protector being used this way?

Jere

Mamba
  • 2008/5/1 20:01

• Mamba

Trabis, we ban people here, and block their IP, when they post a message about buying Nike shoes. That's the policy against spam, and somehow, nobody ever complained about it. Nike shoes do not compete against XOOPS, but still, posting messages promoting them, is considered as Spam, and the people are banned. End of story. Case closed.

Now, let's go to Mr. Theme. He posted repeatedly the message below:
Quote:
As a long time ex-member of this community, and even longer user of XOOPS. I would suggest that all current XOOPS users upgrade to impress cms
For us, this is worse than Nike shoes spam. So we ban him.

So he goes to www.opensourcecms.org and post this piece of art:

https://xoops.org/uploads/OpenSourceCMS_ICMS.png

And now you're coming here and telling us that his ban should be removed?

To be honest, I really don't understand where you're coming from....

I truly hope, we can end this discussion here.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

trabis
  • 2008/5/1 20:36

• trabis

• Core Developer

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
And now you're coming here and telling us that his ban should be removed?

IMHO, account deactivation would be fair enough.

IHMO, the nike guy was not to be banned. Banning should be allways the last step.

I´m just doing my best to feel welcome here, as we all do!

Mamba
  • 2008/5/1 21:05

• Mamba

Trabis, I respect your opinion, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

I've been to many forum boards, and the policy is pretty much everywhere the same - you start posting advertisement for competing products, and you account and your IP (if they have the capability) will be banned in no time. The support forums, as the name indicates, are for people to get/give support, or learn more about the project/product. There is no place for people who want to damage it.
Quote:
I´m just doing my best to feel welcome here, as we all do!

You and everybody else is more than welcome here, as long as your purpose here is to support XOOPS.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

trabis
  • 2008/5/1 22:21

• trabis

• Core Developer

Well, it was worth to try. Thanks for listening Mamba. Although we disagree on this issue, I do appreciate the work you have been doing here. See you around

Peekay
  • 2008/5/2 0:37

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Quote:
Mamba wrote:

You and everybody else is more than welcome here, as long as your purpose here is to support XOOPS.

I agree. I don't see a problem in making a passing reference to another CMS, but I doubt if any software user group would put up with people recommending or redirecting users to a fork as a better solution.

Try posting a recommendation for OSCommerce on the Zen Cart forum and see what happens!
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

giba
  • 2008/5/2 9:05

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

nothing will happen.

But if it is using to censor words, the marketing will be much worse, will increase the interest to know what there is behind this new link is not shown.

This is inherent in human beings, the desire to discover the unknown and its wish to move forward.

I use constantly links of a project to another to report news. After all, news to all interested.

If this link was not sent to me in another place, as I would be here now?

in portuguese:

[pt-br]
nada irá acontecer.

Mas se ficar utilizando censor de palavras, o marketing será bem pior, ira aumentar o interesse para saber o que existe por tras deste novo link não mostrado.

Isto é inerente do ser humano, o desejo de descobrir o desconhecido e seu desejo de avançar em frente.

Eu utilizo constantemente links de um projeto a outro para informar sobre novidades. Afinal, novidades a todos interessam.

Se este link não fosse enviado para mim em outro local, como eu estaria aqui agora ?
[/pt-br]

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits