1
swjaxon
Help with RSS Center
  • 2008/4/24 17:31

  • swjaxon

  • Just popping in

  • Posts: 1

  • Since: 2008/4/24


Hi everyone,

Two questions... I've been scanning through the PHP and HTML files of RSS Center and I have yet to find where I can edit the original authors grammatical errors. Specifically where it says "There are XXX datas in databese."

Here's an example: http://linux2.ohwada.net/modules/rssc/

Any help with that would be fantastic.

Second, I have tried to set up a cron job to auto refresh the database, but it seems that I'm doing something wrong.

The readme says,

* setup of a command line *
This function is assumed to execute a command line periodically by Cron.
Please delete bin directory, if unnecessary.

(1) Goto admin page.
(2) Execute "Create Config File" in "Command Manage".
(3) Execute "Test to execute bin/refresh.php".

(4) Add the following to crontab.
-----
22 3 * * * /usr/bin/php -q -f /home/***/html/modules/rssc/bin/refresh.php password


So I did #1-3, but my script appears to be off. I'm guessing there needs to be a value in the first set of asterisks. The second set should reflect my server's path to refresh.php and I should include my actual refresh password in exchange for the word password, correct?

Thanks in advance for the help.