kashyyyk
Can't Log In
  • 2008/4/22 12:06

• kashyyyk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/1 2

When I go to log in, it says 'thanks for logging in Admin' Then it goes back to my start page with me not logged in. I was in a couple days ago and it worked fine then. I upgraded to the newest version then and I added the yogurt module then. But was able to log in after that.

What I first did today was try to register as a new member, I want another username not as an admin and the register page just refreshes when I click submit. All the info I typed in, remain in the fields. So then I went to log in as admin to see if I have accept new members checked and that is when I can't log in. I cleared my computers cache and history, but nothing.

Any ideas where I should look? I checked all the files I upgraded, and they are dated the day I uploaded them. Maybe I missed something?

Thanks
Dan

kashyyyk
Re: Can't Log In
  • 2008/4/23 20:48

• kashyyyk

• Just popping in

Still looking for suggestions.

I thought maybe when I did the upgrade, something may not have uploaded or was corrupt and after the last time I logged out I couldn't log back in. So I uploaded the upgrade file again, and the XOOPS system upgrade page asks me to log in, and when I do it says 'thanks for logging in Admin' also, but goes right back to the upgrade log in screen.

I've tried logging in on other computers but the same.

If I uninstall and reinstall xoops, what should I back up so I don't loose everything I've done.

Dan

Mamba
  • 2008/4/23 23:18

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I had a similar problem today, i.e. I could login (i.e. my login was accepted), the system thanked me for login, but then it went right back to the login screen.

My problem is that I wanted to extend the time of a session to 60 minutes. In the Options it is being said:

Maximum duration of session idle time in minutes (Valid only when 'use custom session' is enabled. Works only when you are using PHP4.2.0 or later.)

So I enabled the "Custom Session", and I guess, that's where the problems started.

I used phpMyAdmin and changed it the value back to "No", and now it's working again.

I'm not sure if this helps, but you might check the value on your installation.

Also, somebody suggested to empty the session table, see here:

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=248
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

trabis
  • 2008/4/24 0:14

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Try to repair your 'sessions' table cause it crashes some times.

kashyyyk
  • 2008/4/25 0:46

• kashyyyk

• Just popping in

Thanks a lot, it was the sessions. In php it gave me-
Error
SQL query:

SHOW INDEX FROM `xoops_session` ;

MySQL said:

#145 - Table './edit_xoop2/xoops_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

So I emptied it out and I can now log in.

Dan

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits