figu78
xoops editors + News 1.56
  • 2008/4/22 8:13

• figu78

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/19

Hi,

I'm trying to setup xoopseditors and news (xoops 2.0.17, news 1.56) to work together. The thing is that I don't know how to configure xoopseditors to work with news and I didn't find a step by step doc to setup these tools.

What I want is to configure all the wysiwyg editors so any admin user could select it. Right now the only one that works for me is fckeditor (dhtml is working too) but if I try to select any other the text box disapear and tiny editor shows a blank screen with a text like this: "edit article"

Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,
David

Anonymous
Re: xoops editors + News 1.56
  • 2008/4/22 8:35

• Anonymous

• Since:

News is one of those modules that looks for the XOOPS editors in a directory called /xoops_root/class/wysiwyg

If you're not using the xoopseditors for any other modules then rename the /class/xoopseditor on your server to /class/wysiwyg, otherwise upload another copy of the xoopseditors to /class/wysiwyg

You might be able to simply delete those xoopseditrs that you don't want to use if space is short; not tried it myself, though.

HTH

figu78
  • 2008/4/22 23:09

• figu78

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/19

No way, I was using the right path to the editors. But Tinyeditor is still giving me a blank page.

I would like to use tiny editor as the default editor in the whole page, but the most important for me right now is the news module.

Help!!

Thanks guys,
David

mboyden
  • 2008/4/23 13:33

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I'm a fan of FCKeditor and the News modules and have made both work well with XOOPS, building on the great work of others. What you need are:

- the XoopsEditor Package
- News 1.56 with this edit

Also, I keep notes on my installs, configs, and builds and eventually share the info with the XOOPS community. See my post on FCKeditor (with Images/Uploads), or the updated FCKeditor posting on my site.

Also, here are my notes on the News module and things I've found while implementing it.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits