Sir_Saeed
Not personal theme for users
  • 2008/4/10 10:09

• Sir_Saeed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/10/10

newly I found out a problem in my XOOPS site. which is the default theme.
Every time any user enter my site, he/she has the default theme and he/she must change it manually each time, in order to use another theme.
So there are my questions:

1) why the theme somebody choose, will not save in database to be shown the next time he/she come back to the site? (I mean what's the problem)

2) Is it possible to save theme changes in cookies to make this property available for guest users?

Thanks for helping

Anonymous
Re: Not personal theme for users
  • 2008/4/10 10:21

• Anonymous

• Since:

Themes available to a site's users are set in Admin>Preferences>General Settings

Set your site's "default theme" (the one that you want viewers to see upon first accessing the site) using the drop-down menu. If you want only this theme to be available to your sites users then make sure that only this theme is selected/highlighted in the "Selectable themes" entry.

If you want your site's users to have a choice of themes then make multiple selections in the "Selectable themes" part; these are the themes that will be available in the "selectable themes" block.

Hope this helps.

Sir_Saeed
  • 2008/4/10 13:55

• Sir_Saeed

• Just popping in

thanks mate, but I knew those.

I just asked when a user select another theme (not the default one), when he/she leave the site and enter some time later, again the default theme will be shown to him/her. I mean it doesn't save in db the theme each user has selected.
I think it's normal that in xoops, when a user select a theme in a XOOPS site, always will see that whenever he/she logs in that site. but in my site, selecting a theme is just temporary!

Is there any solution?

Sir_Saeed
  • 2008/4/15 13:58

• Sir_Saeed

• Just popping in

is there no solution for this problem?

stefan88
  • 2008/8/7 16:54

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

sorry for the late answer. You may try XT_Themas module. It will allow users to select a theme and remember it for that user when he logs in. You will have to use themes block from that module.

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits