Bender
Re: In big trouble!
  • 2008/3/18 15:26

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

You did not answer the question Stefan asked:

Quote:
What about the original database? (Do you have database backup? - you mention only files and folders)

If you havent restored the database then do that and also restore the files again.

If you don´t have a backup of your database get in touch with your host rather sooner than later.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

pacho
  • 2008/3/18 15:36

• pacho

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/7 2

Steve, visit your cache directory and delete everything except index.htm. Maybe you can do the same with templates dir. Clearing this files solve this situations sometimes.
Good luck and look for database as Bender said.

wetsteve
  • 2008/3/19 1:03

• wetsteve

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/5

I can get to the admin area using the recovery.php back door:

I can get to the module section and, as suggested I have run the update for the system core module...

This is what I receive after the update:

INSERT INTO xoops_newblocks (bid, mid, func_num, options, name, title, content, side, weight, visible, block_type, isactive, dirname, func_file, show_func, edit_func, template, last_modified) VALUES (0, 1, 1,'','User Menu', 'User Menu', '', 0, 0, 0, 'M', 1, 'system', 'system_blocks.php', 'b_system_user_show', '', 'system_block_user.html', 1205888308)INSERT INTO xoops_newblocks (bid, mid, func_num, options, name, title, content, side, weight, visible, block_type, isactive, dirname, func_file, show_func, edit_func, template, last_modified) VALUES (0, 1, 2,'','Login', 'Login', '', 0, 0, 0, 'M', 1, 'system', 'system_blocks.php', 'b_system_login_show', '', 'system_block_login.html', 1205888308)INSERT INTO xoops_newblocks (bid, mid, func_num, options, name, title, content, side, weight, visible, block_type, isactive, dirname, func_file, show_func, edit_func, template, last_modified) VALUES (0, 1, 3,'','Search', 'Search', '', 0, 0, 0, 'M', 1, 'system', 'system_blocks.php', 'b_system_search_show', '', 'system_block_search.html', 1205888308)INSERT INTO xoops_newblocks (bid, mid, func_num, options, name, title, content, side, weight, visible, block_type, isactive, dirname, func_file, show_func, edit_func, template, last_modified) VALUES (0, 1, 4,'','Waiting Contents', 'Waiting Contents', '', 0, 0, 0, 'M', 1, 'system', 'system_blocks.php', 'b_system_waiting_show', '', 'system_block_waiting.html', 1205888308)INSERT INTO xoops_newblocks (bid, mid, func_num, options, name, title, content, side, weight, visible, block_type, isactive, dirname, func_file, show_func, edit_func, template, last_modified) VALUES (0, 1, 5,'','Main Menu', 'Main Menu', '', 0, 0, 0, 'M', 1, 'system', 'system_blocks.php', 'b_system_main_show', '', 'system_block_mainmenu.html', 1205888308)INSERT INTO xoops_newblocks (bid, mid, func_num, options, name, title, content, side, weight, visible, block_type, isactive, dirname, func_file, show_func, edit_func, template, last_modified) VALUES (0, 1, 6,'320|190|s_poweredby.gif|1','Site Info', 'Site Info', '', 0, 0, 0, 'M', 1, 'system', 'system_blocks.php', 'b_system_info_show', 'b_system_info_edit', 'system_block_siteinfo.html', 1205888308)INSERT INTO xoops_newblocks (bid, mid, func_num, options, name, title, content, side, weight, visible, block_type, isactive, dirname, func_file, show_func, edit_func, template, last_modified) VALUES (0, 1, 7,'','Who\'s Online', 'Who\'s Online', '', 0, 0, 0, 'M', 1, 'system', 'system_blocks.php', 'b_system_online_show', '', 'system_block_online.html', 1205888308)INSERT INTO xoops_newblocks (bid, mid, func_num, options, name, title, content, side, weight, visible, block_type, isactive, dirname, func_file, show_func, edit_func, template, last_modified) VALUES (0, 1, 8,'10|1','Top Posters', 'Top Posters', '', 0, 0, 0, 'M', 1, 'system', 'system_blocks.php', 'b_system_topposters_show', 'b_system_topposters_edit', 'system_block_topusers.html', 1205888308)INSERT INTO xoops_newblocks (bid, mid, func_num, options, name, title, content, side, weight, visible, block_type, isactive, dirname, func_file, show_func, edit_func, template, last_modified) VALUES (0, 1, 9,'10|1','New Members', 'New Members', '', 0, 0, 0, 'M', 1, 'system', 'system_blocks.php', 'b_system_newmembers_show', 'b_system_newmembers_edit', 'system_block_newusers.html', 1205888308)INSERT INTO xoops_newblocks (bid, mid, func_num, options, name, title, content, side, weight, visible, block_type, isactive, dirname, func_file, show_func, edit_func, template, last_modified) VALUES (0, 1, 10,'10','Recent Comments', 'Recent Comments', '', 0, 0, 0, 'M', 1, 'system', 'system_blocks.php', 'b_system_comments_show', 'b_system_comments_edit', 'system_block_comments.html', 1205888308)INSERT INTO xoops_newblocks (bid, mid, func_num, options, name, title, content, side, weight, visible, block_type, isactive, dirname, func_file, show_func, edit_func, template, last_modified) VALUES (0, 1, 11,'','Notification Options', 'Notification Options', '', 0, 0, 0, 'M', 1, 'system', 'system_blocks.php', 'b_system_notification_show', '', 'system_block_notification.html', 1205888308)INSERT INTO xoops_newblocks (bid, mid, func_num, options, name, title, content, side, weight, visible, block_type, isactive, dirname, func_file, show_func, edit_func, template, last_modified) VALUES (0, 1, 12,'0|80','Themes', 'Themes', '', 0, 0, 0, 'M', 1, 'system', 'system_blocks.php', 'b_system_themes_show', 'b_system_themes_edit', 'system_block_themes.html', 1205888308)Module data updated.
Updating templates...
Template system_imagemanager.html inserted to the database.
Template system_imagemanager2.html inserted to the database.
Template system_userinfo.html inserted to the database.
Template system_userform.html inserted to the database.
Template system_rss.html inserted to the database.
Template system_redirect.html inserted to the database.
Template system_comment.html inserted to the database.
Template system_comments_flat.html inserted to the database.
Template system_comments_thread.html inserted to the database.
Template system_comments_nest.html inserted to the database.
Template system_siteclosed.html inserted to the database.
Template system_dummy.html inserted to the database.
Template system_notification_list.html inserted to the database.
Template system_notification_select.html inserted to the database.
Rebuilding blocks...
ERROR: Could not create User Menu
ERROR: Could not create Login
ERROR: Could not create Search
ERROR: Could not create Waiting Contents
ERROR: Could not create Main Menu
ERROR: Could not create Site Info
ERROR: Could not create Who's Online
ERROR: Could not create Top Posters
ERROR: Could not create New Members
ERROR: Could not create Recent Comments
ERROR: Could not create Notification Options
ERROR: Could not create Themes

Module System updated successfully.

Back to Module Administration page

What this all means is somwhat "greek" to me!

Later/Steve

wetsteve
  • 2008/3/19 1:05

• wetsteve

• Just popping in

To answer the database backup question.... no i do not have a back up on my machine....

Are you suggesting that maybe the host might have a recent back up?

Later/Steve

wetsteve
  • 2008/3/19 1:12

• wetsteve

• Just popping in

As I am looking in the /xoops/cache/ directory all I see is
a single file named adminmenu.php and that is all.

In the /xoops/templates_c directory

There are many files corresponding to the themes that are installed on the site along with the index.html file .....
Are you say I should delete all of these files except the index.html?

Later/Steve

pacho
  • 2008/3/19 5:48

• pacho

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/7 2

Steve, you can delete or rename the file adminmenu.php in cache directory to force XOOPS update it. Maybe this is causing these errors when updating core.
Files related to themes in templates_c dir can safely deleted -except index.html- and XOOPS will create updated ones. This is useful when something is not displayed correctly in user view.
These processes are implemented in module XoopsCare that I recommend you.
About database, sorry to hear you don´t have a copy. I use the module backpack to download db backups regularly.
Good luck Steve.

wetsteve
  • 2008/3/20 2:04

• wetsteve

• Just popping in

I have pretty much stalled... I can view the database using phpmyadmin....

It appears that the data base is intact....

However routing around and making any changes is a bit over the top for me.... I guess I do not yet understand the way XOOPS core is getting it's information from the database and it's tables.... and what might have changed when I attemped to do the upgrade... MY SCREW UP! It won't happen again.... now I just need help trying to recover!!!

What I need to know is this... If I start from scratch with a clean install of XOOPS can i relate it to the existing database?

I also have four other site all running under Xoops... there are no problems with any of my other sites...

I am more than willing to divuldge my username & Password for both the XOOPS admin and the myphpadmin in order to get some advise on a fix or the final so sorry!!!

I can alway change passwords later....

Later/Steve

Bender
  • 2008/3/20 9:06

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Steve i assume you are on a shared hosting and do not have your own root server?

Then please first contact your hoster and see if they can get you a backup of your database from a point in time before you even tried updating Xoops.

Your database format is no longer coherent with the original one used in XOOPS 2.0.x versions. The database is not completely broken but XOOPS won´t be able to use it the way it is now. The problem is not solved by reinstalling XOOPS to have fresh files again - the problem is the content of your database. And "no" you can´t simply reinstall and move the old content over. It will mean quite a bit of work and analysing which since you are not that familiar with mysql/phpmyadmin you won´t be able to do by yourself.

Under the assumption that your are on shared hosting i would really expect your hoster to have some kind of backup because if their sql server which is used by your shared hosting and others breaks down and they have to repair it several customers would kill them most likely if they did not do backups. They might ask a small fee for the restore of your database but that should be it.

Once you got your backup you can simply upload your files from your backup again which you did before updating and you should be good to go. (eventually they might be able to restore your files as well from the same day but that i would not really assume)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

kerkyra
  • 2008/3/20 9:25

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/14

hi steve, try installing XOOPS to a different db and then edit the mainfile.php and change the db name to the old one and see what happens. If your old db is ok it should work like it did before.

if that doesnt work, download xoopsdb backup module (i dont remember the name right now) backup the tables of the old db that you need and restore them to the new one (or export them through phpmyadmin if the module is not working due to your problem).
www.guidemap.gr - Beta is out...

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits