wetsteve
Trouble with Forum Moddule Newbb version 1
  • 2008/3/13 18:25

• wetsteve

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/5

This is a recent problem... the module has been running for over a year with no troubles

Recently when a member tries to post to the forums it appears that the posting takes a very long time....
However in actuality the posting was made quite quickly.... only the responce that the post was accepted takes a long time or does not appear at all.... Then the members hit "back" on their browser and re-submit their post again causing multiple identical posts....

The site is http//www.vmoa.net

Thanks for any help that can be given

Later/Steve
wizard@dilligaf.com

Bender
Re: Trouble with Forum Moddule Newbb version 1
  • 2008/3/13 18:49

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Check the database for damaged tables.
Clear cache folder
Empty (not delete) session table

Does the same thing happen if you run your website in a local setup on your pc(with wamp, xampp or whatever)?

Update?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

wetsteve
  • 2008/3/15 2:41

• wetsteve

• Just popping in

Thank you for the reply.... Now not to sound ignorant where and how do I check for damaged tables?

The cache is set to "No Cache" in preferences for this module.

Where do I find the session table and how do I empty it?

Later/Steve

terrion
  • 2008/3/15 3:02

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

You would use phpMyAdmin to view your tables and EMPTY, not DELETE, the session table.

If you don't have access to phpMyAdmin, you might want to install the XoopsCare Module. It has options to do many maintenance tasks for you.

I've got a couple of the modules I use available for download athttp://xoopsmodules.ultranetdomains.org

Just click on the one you need to download.
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

wetsteve
  • 2008/3/15 13:25

• wetsteve

• Just popping in

YOu guys are a big help.... Thank you for answering...

I have installed the xoopsCare module and executed the featurtes that you suggested....

I am saddened to report that this did not solve the problem.... I have attempted several posts and still after I hit the submit button it takes approximately 20 - 30 seconds for me to receive the your post has been submitted page and then the automatic jump back to the forums main page...

Later/Steve

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits