gregunit
xoop.org down yesterday - why? 3/12/08
  • 2008/3/13 12:32

• gregunit

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/3/13

I decided to use XOOPS vs drupal... for a new web page. When I went to download XOOPS I found that the website was down, and remained down most of the day. (from about 10:00am edt until about 10:00pm edt)

Why was it down? Does this happen often?

After reading all I could about XOOPS I concluded that it was the best program for the job. Now I'm a little nervous

Please advise

Greg

Mamba
Re: xoop.org down yesterday - why? 3/12/08
  • 2008/3/13 18:19

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Since we moved to the new server, it doesn't happen that often. In the last 4-5 months maybe once or twice, so there is no reason to worry.

Welcome to the XOOPS family!!!!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Bender
  • 2008/3/13 18:42

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:
Since we moved to the new server, it doesn't happen that often. In the last 4-5 months maybe once or twice, so there is no reason to worry.

Sorry but i think most around here will agree that even after the server move this site has been down far more often than once or twice within 4-5 months.

However - the good news is that you canĀ“t really blame this on XOOPS as many other sites run far more stable in comparrisson. (including country specific local support sites)

For this site it probably would have been better to import the userbase into a new one and keep the old one as an archive. because this site got a lot of undocumented hacks over the years and carries quite some luggage with it. So its not really the best example to pull your first impression from.

Anyway ... in the end XOOPS and its offsprings are quite stable systems usually.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Anonymous
  • 2008/3/13 19:09

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Bender wrote:

Anyway ... in the end XOOPS and its offsprings are quite stable systems usually.

I agree wholeheartedly with Bender, who's usually right in my experience

When my site has gone down (very briefly) duing the 18 months I've been with XOOPS it has always been either a hosting/server issue or (on one occasion) a PEBKAC* issue.

Welcome to XOOPS - hope you'll stay around and get to know us

*Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits