BCdudes
PHP5 and Xoops
  • 2008/3/10 13:25

• BCdudes

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/31

Hi all

recently, my host moved me over to PHP5, this caused all my XOOPS 2.0.13.2 sites to stop working and to show a blank page. Mambo sites were fine, and other HTML/PHP scripts were ok.

Can you please shed some light on how i can fix that as soon as possible ?

regards
BCdudes

Anonymous
Re: PHP5 and Xoops
  • 2008/3/10 13:57

• Anonymous

• Since:

My first reaction is that it more likely to be a modules issue than a XOOPS version issue; there would be loads of posts about v2.0.13.2 not working on php5 if this were the case.

What modules are you using on your sites? Can check whether these are php5-compatible?

Hasving said that, if they were my sites I'd update them to v2.0.18.1 as well. You can do this using the full package which can be downloaded from the homepage.

HTH

BCdudes
  • 2008/3/10 14:20

• BCdudes

• Just popping in

Ok

So you are absolutely correct, one of my 2.0.13.2 sites was still working. The problem was the xlanguage module (more specifically, the common.php edit that points to its api) which is on many sites, but not this particular one.

I tried to update the module to v3, it was useless. Any ideas how to fix it ? maybe there's an alternative module for languages around?

Secondly, about updating to 2.0.18.1, is there an update patch? or is it just a mere copy-across sort of scenario ?

regards

Anonymous
  • 2008/3/10 15:24

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
BCdudes wrote:

So you are absolutely correct

Just once in a while......

Quote:
BCdudes wrote:

The problem was the xlanguage module (more specifically, the common.php edit that points to its api) which is on many sites, but not this particular one.

I tried to update the module to v3, it was useless. Any ideas how to fix it ? maybe there's an alternative module for languages around?

I'm thinking that this module might work better with a later version of xoops, but this is pure supposition on my part.

Quote:
BCdudes wrote:

Secondly, about updating to 2.0.18.1, is there an update patch? or is it just a mere copy-across sort of scenario ?

If you download the full XOOPS package linked from the homepage then you can update using this. All that you need is in the package (you'll see what I mean when you unzip it ) and instructions are provided in the package.

HTH

BCdudes
  • 2008/3/10 17:12

• BCdudes

• Just popping in

Thats cool

I think I kind of solved it, by salvaging stuff from this thread:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=57404&forum=28&post_id=253680#forumpost253680

I guess my PHP is 5.2, maybe thats why.

But now with another site that i am trying to fix (same problem), i am getting this:

Fatal errorCall to undefined function xoops_gethandler() in /home/marjanmc/public_html/navtravels.com/include/common.php on line 92

I tried to recopy common.php, ..etc.., but i dunno wut the problem is, i removed the xlanguage "api" statement from common.php, useless.

Please advice.

stefan88
  • 2008/3/10 18:42

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Just to let you know, xlanguage is running OK on XOOPS 2.0.13.2 with PHP5

I have xlanguage 3.01, XOOPS 2.0.13.2, PHP 5.2.5 @ lab.yaxoo.net

Login

Who's Online

378 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 378

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits