Maadman
Xoops migration please help
  • 2008/3/2 23:47

• Maadman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/17

Recently my host disabled my XOOPS website domain b/c it used up too many cpu resources b/c of the traffic. I then purchased a dedicated server. I set up a new account on this dedicated server I set up the nameservers and then uploaded all of my XOOPS files, and through cpanel i uploaded the database. I then corrected mainfile.php so that it had the correct file path now.

Here is my problem. I can load the index.php now but it does not use the CSS from my theme and also every single link i click on now gives me 403 errors like this:

Forbidden
You don
't have permission to access /modules/weblog/archive.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If I log in and try to get to admin.php it lets me after clicking the "first time you have logged in" but then after that nothing is there, no module pictures down the left side or anything. Just 'home' and 'logout' no other options.

Can someone please help me with this?

I checked my folder permissions all are 755 from what I see.

irmtfan
Re: Xoops migration please help
  • 2008/3/3 2:48

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

i believe its not a XOOPS problem. it seems some configs in the server is not correct. for example check if your domain account has own those files and folders.
could you change folders permission WITH A ftp client?

if the server you purchased is a managed one, your host admins can solve this issue for you.

Anonymous
  • 2008/3/3 8:00

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Maadman wrote:

I checked my folder permissions all are 755 from what I see.

You need to set your /cache, /templates_c and /uploads to CHMOD 777

That should help with a fair few of the issues you describe.

Maadman
  • 2008/3/3 14:55

• Maadman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/17

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I was able to get it working with your help and a little from my host company.

The only thing I haven't been able to fix now is that instead of showing bullets for <ul> and <ol> it shows • instead of the bullet. Like this

• MYRON COPE---R.I.P
• NFL Combine Top Performers
• WVU can warm to this schedule 
(Charleston Gazette)

Login

Who's Online

136 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 136

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits