slacker13
How do you delete modules?
  • 2008/2/27 17:48

• slacker13

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/25

Since there is no uninstall option on modules in the control panel do you simply delete them from the server?

Thx J

stefan88
Re: How do you delete modules?
  • 2008/2/27 18:11

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

NO!

You need first to disable module, then th uninstall will be available. You should delete files from server after uninstalling.

Anonymous
  • 2008/2/27 18:21

• Anonymous

• Since:

To expand on what Stefan88 said:

1. Go to Admin>System>Modules
2. Select (use the checkbox) those modules that you wish to remove. Hitting "Select" with "deactivate" them
3. Once "deactivated" they can be uninstalled using the icon on the right. Uninstalling removs the module's tables from the database.
4. The module will now be in the "uninstalled list" at the bottom of the modules page.

You can then remove the modules files from your server.

Search on this site for the "Operations Guide" - it will help you in managing your modules (and site more generally).

HTH

Gotmtdew
  • 2008/3/31 2:00

• Gotmtdew

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/3/29

hello i have tried the following and I receive this when clicking on the (I) icon :
Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!

I tried to install some and for some reason it says the module file is not found, then I uncheck click submit it says to confirm and shows a list of modules and some say no change others say deactivated, clicking on submit again I receive:

http://xoops.welostsomany.info/modules/system/admin.php?fct=modulesadmin&op=update&module=

Login

Who's Online

324 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 324

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits