charlieg
2.0.16 upgrade with new frameworks and editor gives white page
  • 2008/2/24 2:41

• charlieg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/12/21

Due to my Server, I am still using 2.0.16. The final piece of my site, was to put in a forum. All worked except the message select buttons. Thinking it was an editor problem, I installed the new frameworks and xoopseditor 1.21 package [including FCK and the others in the package].
The result was a white page after log-in. I guessed that the best thing to do, was uninstall the frameworks and xoopseditor and settle with a underperforming forum. I rigged everthing for the errorlog just to check and publish here so that someone might spot the problem before I go for it, and now I get this from the site:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@aacvirtual.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

How do I get the error log and how on earth do I recover from this one? 3 months work is about to go to the big ether layer methinks - aaargh. Charlie.

kerkyra
Re: 2.0.16 upgrade with new frameworks and editor gives white page
  • 2008/2/24 3:08

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/14

perhaps if you try to clear the httaccess. file will solve this... i had that kind of problem and it was a line in there that caused it.
whttp://www.guidemap.gr - Beta is out...

charlieg
  • 2008/2/24 3:32

• charlieg

• Just popping in

Thanks Kerkyra, I had added a create error log message in the httaccess [as per the forum instructions, coz I cant get an error thru admin!] so I have cleared that and now I am back to the white page problem.....ooops, still no website! Charlie.

What do I have to type in as a URL to get the error message after I have logged in to my white page?

jimmyx
  • 2008/2/24 4:21

• jimmyx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/7/18

do you have access to phpmyadmin ?

you can try to enable the debug thru phpmyadmin and see what is the error message

jimmyx
  • 2008/2/24 4:23

• jimmyx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/7/18

check dbprefix_config > debug mode > conf_value

change it from 0 to 1

-------------------------------
or maybe try to use this url

http://www.yoursite.com/admin.php

http://www.yoursite.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences

charlieg
  • 2008/2/24 12:11

• charlieg

• Just popping in

OK, I found phpmyadmin and have to columns, localhost and phpmyadmin 2.11.4 - not too sure where to go from here [this bit is very scary!!]

kerkyra
  • 2008/2/24 13:54

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/14

you must clear the htaccess file in the folder you are trying to view as well(/modules/newbb for example) not only the one in the root...
whttp://www.guidemap.gr - Beta is out...

charlieg
  • 2008/2/24 19:48

• charlieg

• Just popping in

OK Kerkyra, I have cleared the 2 htaccess files that I could find but I have not deleted them. The only error log that I can get, is in the modules folder and it has nothing in it about my latest gaff. The problem is that I overwrote the original frameworks with the new updated one [v1.22] which I don't think will cause the blank page when I log-in. BUT I also put in the associated xoopseditor pack into class/xoopseditor which installed these files:
=> /XOOPS/class/xoopseditor/:
XOOPS/class/xoopseditor/dhtmlext
XOOPS/class/xoopseditor/dhtmltextarea
XOOPS/class/xoopseditor/FCKeditor
XOOPS/class/xoopseditor/koivi
XOOPS/class/xoopseditor/textarea
XOOPS/class/xoopseditor/tinymce
and then I got the blank page problem. The solution is to put the old frameworks back in and then delete the xoopseditor pack entirely - but I am not too sure if that will dump everything? The pack that I put in was xoops22_mod_cbb_232 but it is all getting pretty confused this end! Not being able to get into the site means that I am probably sounding pretty vague so I must appologise in advance if you ask me what I have and have not done.
In the meantime, shall I just delete the 2 htaccess files?

Anonymous
  • 2008/2/24 23:16

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
charlieg wrote:

The pack that I put in was xoops22_mod_cbb_232 but it is all getting pretty confused this end!

You are using the 2.0.x branch of XOOPS so, if it were me, I'd

1. leave in place your recently uploaded xoopseditors and Frameworks
2. delete (NOT uninstall) the cbb-232 module files using your FTP client
3. upload the CBB 3.08 module files in its place (search on here for the download address)
4. update the cbb_232 module in admin

This should give you a working copy of CBB 3.08 (the latest version) to go with the latest Frameworks and xoopseditors and keep your forums and posts intact into the bargain

However, I would also take a database backup before doing the above just in case..............

charlieg
  • 2008/2/25 1:53

• charlieg

• Just popping in

Hi John - I still owe you a beer for my last gaff!!! OK, give me a few hours/days and I will get right back to you. Thank you all for coming to my rescue again. I will record each step in case I am still white paged before I get to point4. C.

Login

Who's Online

387 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 387

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits