torweb
Which Xoops Version to Use
  • 2008/2/23 17:41

• torweb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/5 1

I'm looking to use XOOPS and want a version that has the best wysiwyg editor. Should I use the 2.x version or the 2.2 version

Thanks

Peekay
Re: Which Xoops Version to Use
  • 2008/2/23 19:04

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

There are several WYSIWYG editors that have been modified to work with XOOPS including SPAW, FCKEditor and HTMLArea. The 'Koivi' editor (a.k.a. XK Editor Class) enables images to be added directly from the XOOPS image uploader/manager. TinyEditor (TinyMCE for Xoops) is another popular choice.

Installing the editors depends on the module you want to use them with. Some modules use standalone editors which need to be put in the XOOPS 'class' folder:

SPAW: class/spaw/
Koivi: /class/wysiwyg/
FCKeditor: /class/fckeditor/
htmlarea: /class/htmlarea/

You then choose an editor by simply ticking a checkbox in the module prefs.

Some modules utilise XOOPS 'Frameworks'. This is a collection of resources that can be shared across several modules. If your module uses Frameworks you'll need to install Frameworks itself and the 'xoopseditors' package which contains a number of wysiwyg editors in their respective folders. The editors can then be chosen provided you select 'Allow HTML' in the module prefs.

I am not aware that XOOPS 2.2* offers any advantages regarding WYSIWYG editors.

HTH
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

skenow
  • 2008/2/24 4:14

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Unless the security flaw has been fixed, I would strongly recommend NOT using SPAW.

Peekay
  • 2008/2/24 16:00

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Yes, Spaw version 1.0. has a vulnerability, specifically involving 'spaw_control.class.php'. According to Secunia, the issue is resolved by upgrading Spaw to version > 1.0.4. That probably wouldn't work for the XOOPS version though.

To be honest, I have no idea where you would get the standalone editors for XOOPS anymore. They used to be in the dev forge. There's none in the module repository.

torweb
  • 2008/2/24 19:24

• torweb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/5 1

Well, I installed the lastes version (2.0.18), then installed Tiny Content. I found copies of Tiny Editor and FCK Editor (packing with different editors such as KOVI, HTML, etc). I then spent all day (8 hours literally)trying to figure out how to integrate Tiny Editor as the editor for Tiny Content, which seems to use the SPAW editor. I really ripped through the XOOPS forum and found dozens of real old postings, many of which went to dead ends.

I'm looking for any application like Tiny Editor that will allow me to post static content similar to the site I'm working on at THIS SITE

I'm using Tiny Content, XT-Conteúdo, and Content ver 0.5 to create the static content. If I could get a better editor for either Tiny Content or Content ver 0.5, I'll be across the finish line.

A BIG thanks in advance for anyone with an idea and how to implement it...

Thanks again!!

Peekay
  • 2008/2/24 19:55

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

I would recommend switching to Content 0.6 which creates page titles. Content is based on XTContuedo, which is based on Tinycontent. I wouldn't use XTContuedo amymore, it is very old.

Content 0.5/0.6 uses FCKEditor.

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits