Feichtl
Re: Captcha Module - How do I change the message text
  • 2008/2/20 19:46

• Feichtl

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/8

Hmm ... not sure - have you tried to refresh Liaise, Captcha and System in modul administration after changing the langfile? Also cleared templates_c (except index.html)?

trspice
  • 2008/2/20 21:20

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/24

The file to change is
modules\liaise\language\english\main.php(Line 33): define("_LIAISE_CAPTCHA_DESC","Enter same character string in image.<br />If you dont read string, you can change other string when you click the image.");

The line number may differ for you. When done, refresh the page and it should change. If not then empty your templates_c folder and refresh.
There's nothing but science....
The Reggae Album

tomodea
  • 2008/2/21 1:59

• tomodea

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/19

Quote:

trspice wrote:
The file to change is
modules\liaise\language\english\main.php(Line 33): define("_LIAISE_CAPTCHA_DESC","Enter same character string in image.<br />If you dont read string, you can change other string when you click the image.");

The line number may differ for you. When done, refresh the page and it should change. If not then empty your templates_c folder and refresh.

Thanks. That did the trick. I searched for the old string in the module files as they appear after download from the XOOPS repository, i.e. before installation. This string does not appear anywhere in those files. It seems as though the file (main.php) gets modified during installation. The original file has 28 lines, the file that exists in the XOOPS installation has 36 lines. I've now updated the installed version of main.php and the new text now appears. Thanks for the pointer.
Regards, Tom O'Dea
Melbourne, Australia

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits