riosoft
About financial Report...
  • 2008/2/19 12:34

• riosoft

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

Sorry, but this Thread is hidden from homepage and I think is important... Bump:

Show us the $$$

Why some important forums threads are been hidden from homepage? I don't understand it!

xunil
Re: About financial Report...
  • 2008/2/19 17:18

• xunil

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/19

As I believe, the Foundation is desappearing and I hope that the funds go to a charity organization. It would be good any new about this.
About where is XOOPS? it's a good question.
Draft Proposal Team: disappeared.
Community Coordination Team: disappeared.
Core Dev Team: only phpp as SF says. Only he is submitting code in the last months. And all Core Dev Team members are in
About design and doc Teams:https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=52. No comments.
About Council, nobody tell us that k0maz is disappeared too.
Theme contest: a impressive successhttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=55. Incama and Biteronboard leave XOOPS for this. And Studio-C, Snow, Aphex3. they are some of the best designers.
I have looking this site for years and there are a lot of good people I don't see in the forums; few messages and a lot of unreplied messages. Never happened this before.
The latest releases don't had good testing (they needed a bug fix release) and no improvements for years (since 2005 perhaps). I use 2.0.17.1 and I am afraid about updating, 2.0.18.2 or 2.0.18.3 perhaps, all latest releases with ugly bugs (session bug was a nightmare)
And now, my site is running on XOOPS, but, come on guys!, if I look this site and this project and look for Drupal or Joomla site and project I don't know I must think. What are the reasons for the future here and not on Impresscms?. Please, tell me them! I don`t like flame wars and I don`t want guiltys, just only reasons about the future in this project.

Anonymous
  • 2008/2/19 17:55

• Anonymous

• Since:

I might be able to help with some of this.....

Quote:
xunil wrote:

Draft Proposal Team: disappeared.

Proposal team is alive and about to report. The team was working in a private forum on a different domain. Unfortunately, the domain expired. This has been rectified.

Quote:
xunil wrote:

Community Coordination Team: disappeared.

Correct.

kc0maz disappeared. I don't know where, just hope that Mike is okay. I was absent for few weeks due to work and other commitments. Sailjapan is now on an enforced break from the internet.

The CCT has been replaced to some extent by a team of moderators (inc me!). Irmtfan and others are helping to rebuild and reshape xoops.org, including the Module repository, etc.

Quote:
xunil wrote:

Core Dev Team: only phpp as SF says. Only he is submitting code in the last months. And all Core Dev Team members are in Impresscms

I don't think that's entirely true. Work is ongoing to merge the 2.0 and 2.2 Branches into 2.3 and v3.0 is being worked on away from SF.

Quote:
xunil wrote:

I use 2.0.17.1 and I am afraid about updating, 2.0.18.2 or 2.0.18.3 perhaps, all latest releases with ugly bugs (session bug was a nightmare)

I run 2.0.18 and it's fine. I didn't upgrade though, I rebuilt my site from a clean install.

If you look at the changelog for 2.0.18.1 you'll see it is a short list. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Quote:
xunil wrote:

And now, my site is running on XOOPS, but, come on guys!, if I look this site and this project and look for Drupal or Joomla site and project I don't know I must think. What are the reasons for the future here and not on Impresscms?

Fair comment, but look who's left behind (phpp, Hervé and IZ Team, etc) and look who's filling the gaps..... McDonald, Wishcraft and others.

Not sure where ImpressCMS will head. Forks happen and I wish them luck. However, I'm reluctant to change partly cause I like XOOPS and partly because if what we hear about v3.0 comes to fruition then I'd hate to miss the boat.

Just my own views.

I will be giving more time to xoops.org after Easter when my private workload will ease. See my sig; I'm staying. FWIW, of course!

Quote:
xunil wrote:

Please, tell me them! I don`t like flame wars and I don`t want guiltys, just only reasons about the future in this project.

Hope that I've helped a little.

xunil
  • 2008/2/19 18:31

• xunil

• Just popping in

Good comments JAVesey.
Just a note about 2.3 release
http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsCore/branches/2.3.x/2.3.0/htdocs/
Only one developer

About 2.0.18.1
http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsCore/branches/2.0.x/2.0.18.1/htdocs/
It's not a Core Dev Team, a one people Team.

pacho
  • 2008/3/17 21:20

• pacho

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/7 2

Interesting thread. I visit this site regularly (like addiction) looking for tips, answers or news that help me improve my sites and limited knowledge.
Now XOOPS is so quiet like a library, I think this is because everyone is so busy working in their own tasks. I am sure this project is alive because amount of online users are bigger than months before.
Go ahead Xoops

xunil
  • 2008/3/18 9:05

• xunil

• Just popping in

Quote:
I am sure this project is alive because amount of online users are bigger than months before.

According Alexa statics
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/xoops.org
in a year XOOPS has lost 2/3.

Mamba
  • 2008/3/18 9:52

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

This could be caused not only by less users than before on our Website, but also by a higher number of Internet users in general, since the number shows: "Percent of global Internet users who visit this site".

But the reality is that we lost some users last year due to all the disagreements in the Fall. But since those people who didn't like XOOPS' direction left in December, it is now much more friendly here, so it's actually no surprise that we see more and more users coming back and hanging out online.

I've seen in January about 100 people online, and now there are most of the time around 200-400 people online, so I would say that there is a progress

The chart here confirms that:

http://www.quantcast.com/xoops.org/traffic

And yes, we need more work being done here, but the recent releases show that the XOOPS development is going forward, and there is good progress.

But XOOPS needs more help, so if anybody would like to help, please jump in. This is Open Source, after all...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

pacho
  • 2008/3/18 16:19

• pacho

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/7 2

Quote:
I've seen in January about 100 people online, and now there are most of the time around 200-400 people online, so I would say that there is a progress

Exactly mamba, that is what I am talking about. I can remember not more than 200 users online in 2007. And in the worst days there were sometime 100 or less, but now is different, I can feel it.

xunil if you want to find "flame" post in the home page this is over, you never found it in drupal niether joomla. If you want to help let me know how to do that. I am not an expert at all but I try to give some answers when users need some help.

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits