deathilic
How to rename a modules name inside a url
  • 2008/2/18 21:04

• deathilic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/27

Hi there,

I would like to know how to change a modules name.
I've used short urls using .htaccess and it does give short urls when i'm typing them in the url but it won't show when I simply click the modules name from the main menu.
So now I'm figuring out a way about how to use those short urls on modules. I've used .htaccess and changed a name from a module from modules/xfguestbook to guestbook.php. Which looks nicer and cleaner in side a url.
Now since I can't change module links in system_block_mainmenu.html cause it won't allow module name changing. And changing every file name in side a module folder and changing them in xoops_version won't work as well, especially since I want to use short urls for this.

So how do I gotta do this. I'm guessing I would have to do this in side the database.

Is there a simple way or do I have to overhaul everything?

Btw I used a short url hack and it didn't work. I couldn't install the short url even when safemode was turned off and attributes such as fopen were turned on.

Also in a faq I read there was something about renaming modules. But I had to move the folders and start renaming the new one and add some lines ( or something ). But I'm afraid when I do that all my data is going to be lost such as messages from the geustbook.

So anyone got a solution. Anyone know how to get ShortUrls workings?

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits