Anonymous
Re: Repository comments and bug-fixes gone!
  • 2008/2/6 17:09

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
BlueStocking wrote:
@Peekay,

Recent Comments

It is a wiki, use it or lose it!

How does posting a link to a list of 500 recent changes in the wiki help with this thread? Too much to trawl through with no guarantee of finding something relevant.

Can you help with the specific issue raised by Peekay?

BlueStocking

JAVesey,
SEE: the edit ... You posted before I finished.

If anyone sees something that is in error in the wiki THEY should fix it. IT IS A WIKI and 500 posts shows I have done my part, is your name on there anywhere? Don't just talk about what SHOULD be done, ... start doing it!!!

BS
EDIT: Not referring to anyone in particular, just everyone in general. I have no particular interest in xcGal or any other module for that matter. Simply trying to help and see very little support from those who profess a need.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Anonymous
  • 2008/2/6 17:41

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
BlueStocking wrote:

JAVesey,
SEE: the edit ... You posted before I finished.

Nope - YOU hit "Submit" before YOU were finished. Don't try to blame me!!

Quote:
BlueStocking wrote:

If anyone sees something that is in error in the wiki THEY should fix it. IT IS A WIKI and 500 posts shows I have done my part, is your name on there anywhere? Don't just talk about what SHOULD be done, ... start doing it!!!

I'm sure that those who are interested in the wiki will join in in due course, but we were talking about xcgallery and the module repository.......

Quote:
BlueStocking wrote:

EDIT: Not referring to anyone in particular, just everyone in general. I have no particular interest in xcGal or any other module for that matter. Simply trying to help and see very little support from those who profess a need.

As I said, I can't see where a list of 500 recent changes in the wiki helps with the matter in hand. Can we get back on topic please?

BlueStocking

Bender
  • 2008/2/6 18:25

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

*grabbing popcorn*
*taking a seat and enjoying the show*

This promises to get really funny ...

-----------------------------------

ok a little more productive. Sorry to say these comments are not archived on webarchive.org (at least yet and its unsure if they will ever be) They usually have a delay of 6 month > before stuff will be publicly visible.

However since the comments were most likely (very very very likely actually) present when x.o changed servers you could ask the council if they can make a backup under a subdomain available at least to the current guys working on the module repository which as luck will have it are at least partially on the XOOPS council too. So they could retrieve comments as they seem fit.

One more thing ... try contacting them directly. Could bring you more success than continuing it in this thread.

nuff said.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

BlueStocking

Bender,
Thanks for the smile...

Reminds me not to take myself to seriously...

I'm going to pull up a seat next to you and I will provide the drinks... (soda with that popcorn? anyone?)

BS

Anonymous
  • 2008/2/6 19:46

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
BlueStocking wrote:

ModuleRepository_Gallery2

Xref ~ XcGal

Give me a minute...... I think I'm nearly on the same wavelength...

Right - what you're saying is that someone (preferably not you because your need a break - fair enough, you've put a lot of work in recently) should make the xcgallery 2.0.3 entry in the module repository pages of the wiki-thingummyjig look something like the gallery2 pages of the wiki-thingummyjig, or at least update the page with a link to the module? Shame you didn't you say that with your first post in this thread - would have saved some time.

This is where it gets confusing for those of us who have no interest in the wiki (like you have no interest in xcgall or other modules )...... there's a direct link to the Module Repository under the Main Menu/Community and this link doesn't point to the wiki.

The Module Repository link on the Main/Community Menu is the logical first place to go for modules; the wiki is not, I'm afraid. The Module Repository contains an old version of xcgallery (as Peekay said, and hence the suggestion that it be updated).

Unfortunately, I can't help update the wiki page because xcgallery 2.0.3 was hosted on the Dev Forge. But that's another story

If anyone wants a copy of xcgallery 2.0.3 (including my "add keywords to the Upload more pictures" hack/improvement) then please PM me

BS - I'm not having a go at you, it's just that I find the meaning/intention behind some of your posts rather hard to grasp at times. Probably just me, though

Peekay
  • 2008/2/6 20:54

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

So are we likely to see the comments recovered?

@bluestocking
I appreciate that the modules can be downloaded from the Wiki, but it was the user-feedback in the comments here on X.O. that was often essential to make them work. That information is not on the Wiki.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

BlueStocking

@Peekay,

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3498

BlueStocking

XcGal << copied and pasted to the discussion page...
Quote:

If anyone wants a copy of xcgallery 2.0.3 (including my "add keywords to the Upload more pictures" hack/improvement) then please PM me JAVesey

IT is as easy as ~two open braces~ XcGal ~two closing braces~ and posting the information you post here.

EDIT: Moved example to Talk:XcGal

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits