10print
Re: Xoops/PHP Myspace Gold
  • 2007/7/20 1:14

• 10print

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/20

DO NOT GET ANYTHING FROM POPSCRIPT.COM THEY USE HACKED SCRIPTS WITH THEIR NAME PLASTERED OVER THEM. PEOPLE HAVE LOST VALUEABLE
MATERIAL DUE TO THEIR INCOMPETENCE. PAYPAL SHOULD BE MADE AWARE OF THEM AND THEIR VENDOR LICENSE SHOULD BE REVOKED.

IF YOU BUY ANYTHING FROM POPSCRIPT.COM, BACK UP ALL YOUR WORK FIRST!!!

dlathem
  • 2008/2/4 6:26

• dlathem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/1/4 2

I have a question concerning this whole phpmyspace gold issue. The group that holds the modules for this software state on thier site that all or most of the modules they have are open source or GPL, if this is true then how can they charge for access to such modules? I have installed and ran both phpmyspace gold and XOOPS and can say for sure that it would be very hard to prove that they are not the same software. I am currently doing testing of the software and based on having both up and running, at one point or another, I would have to say that they are the same, or at least built on the same core. That to me is a breach of the GPL. But I am also no lawyer, so please take this as my humble 2 cents.

script_fu

I sure would love to have a copy of myspacegold with all the modules. Then we could do a compare... apples for apples and all. I would love to put this issue to rest once and for all.

Wasuup
  • 2008/4/13 11:34

• Wasuup

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/26

I have the script and it's definately XOOPS based. Looking through the code there is no copyright so afaik it's in violation of the GPL.

It's also quite buggy and their support sucks. If any XOOPS admin wants the code to look through just send me a pm, I'd be happy to supply it.

script_fu

Yep we have been trying for years to get this sorted...

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits