ultranoob
Do a portal with or without module
  • 2008/1/22 21:09

• ultranoob

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/1/22

Hi all,

I'm a beginner in the study of xoops, and i'm starting to read articles, install my first module, ....

I would like some architectural advice to know how to start with my XOOPS portal.

I want to make an intranet with some functionnalites (blog, forum, ...) and I was thinking of using XOOPS to manage all.

Today, I still have some pbs to install module, but I've understood that I can use XOOPS module to display them in my portal, and manage groups access.

But I would like to use existing application too (for example b2evolution), or maybe some apps I can make myself with php, and manage their access with xoops. And then ... I don't know exactly what to do.
Should I create a module to add my own apps ? Can I declare an external url site with a module ?

For example, my XOOPS can be athttp://myswebsite and my b2evolution app can be athttp://mywebsite/blog.

Can I manage b2evolution with the same access right than XOOPS ?

Ones told me about myIframe, that can be used to add other web site in a Iframe ; but the same problem still exists, the user can reach thehttp://mywebsite/blog address by typing it in the address bar, even if he souldn't have this access.

Is there a way to do that ?
Should I add myself credentials access to b2evolution with using the UAC of XOOPS (and how ?) ?

Thanks for any helps,

N.

thanatosuk
Re: Do a portal with or without module
  • 2008/1/26 18:07

• thanatosuk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/1/26

Well im not supprised you got no reply what your are asking about is what most users what from XOOPS but unfortunately xoop does not do it in fact your better of using phpnuke at least with that what you get looks like the phpnuke website and has some content and shock horror a forum built in !!!!
wo amazing aint it PHPNuke 100 XOOPS 0

Will_H
Re: Do a portal with or without module
  • 2008/1/27 0:29

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Well, you could use a blank module to call in the b2evolution. It will require some creative directory use.

Then utilize .htaccess to prevent direct access to the file folder via a browser.

idk, you are literally going to have to make b2evolution into a XOOPS module if you want to fully control access.

You could technically create a separate database for it, and wrap your XOOPS frameworks around it. You will need to strip out all of the b2evolution frameworks.

Tough stuff. I would suggest you head over to b2e and see if anyone has developed a bridge. I could of sworn I had read something of the sort somewhere once before.

Any great project requires work, and coffee.

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits