SirTanksAlot
Re: xoopsGallery 1.3.3 Problem.. I think I am an idiot cuz everyone else seems to get it to work

<WARNING> I speak w/ only partial understanding... </WARNING>

V2 implements a page caching scheme (related to the smarty templating.. I think) to enhance performance. The general preference settings specify settings for a "Module-Wide" cache. (I think there are other places that cache times can be specified as well.. blocks, etc, ???) In my case, I had set the cache time for the gallery mod to 1 day (or something similar). This resulted in my newly created albums not showing up when I returned to the gallery main page. Once I turned off caching for the module (or if I had waited for the cached value to expire), the albums appeared.

As another thought... have you tried turning on debug mode in the gallery module? have you tried the various general debug modes available in the general site preferences menu?

either or both of those might give you some more useful information as to what is happening...

hth

relish
Re: xoopsGallery 1.3.3 Problem.. I think I am an idiot cuz everyone else seems to get it to work
  • 2003/2/25 17:44

• relish

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/15

The module-wide cache was already turned off, and debug mode is on, but the page still seems to be reloading onto itself.

Example from Website

If you click "new album" it just reloads.

Major frustration... I'm not sure what else to do, here.

Also, it's not as much of an issue, but in the Admin Menu, if I click on the gallery "banner" that's on the left side, it does a similar reload onto itself. However, if I mouseover and click on "Preferences" from the box that pops up, I can go into the prefs just fine (but as soon as I save, I get an error). It says the database is updated successfully, but when it tries to go back to admin.php?fct=preferences, it tells me the page is expired.

I think that's a completely separate issue, but wanted to post it just in case.

randyg23
  • 2003/2/25 22:15

• randyg23

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/4 1

okay I started this thred about a week ago about the page just reloading when when clicking the add album thing. well I figured it out.

I set the permissions on the 2 folders in the cache folder modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums
and
modules/xoopsgallery/cache/tmp

to 777 and it created the album. I am now testing it to see if the rest works if not will post here..

hope this fixes your problem as well relish

relish
  • 2003/2/26 14:42

• relish

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/15

It worked! You rock!

Now the real test is seeing if the pictures will actually upload....

Thank you! Why didn't I think of that....

randyg23
  • 2003/2/26 20:54

• randyg23

• Just popping in

yeah I can't believe it took me that long to figure it out myself haha.. all seems to be working now. except now I can't figure out how to put in the discription of hte album if anyone figures htis out let me know. haha

and thats the discriptions on the main gallery page :)

L4ou
Re: xoopsGallery 1.3.3 Problem and PHP via CGI
  • 2003/2/27 5:44

• L4ou

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/22

Quote:

randyg23 wrote:

I set the permissions on the 2 folders in the cache folder modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums and modules/xoopsgallery/cache/tmp to 777 and it created the album.

This got me to the next step. But then I got errors creating thumbnails. The Gallery FAQ said to check to see if your server had safe mode enabled, if so Gallery will not run. Mine does, its on my ISP so I can't change it.

The only other option is to run Gallery as a CGI, which I started to do until I realized that it wouldn't work using XoopsGallery, only the stand-alone Gallery. Ugh!

Has anyone done PHP via CGI using Xoops?

I'm in pretty new territory here, so any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--L4ou (The "4" is silent)

randyg23
  • 2003/2/27 8:32

• randyg23

• Just popping in

well I don't iknow anything about the php via cgi but I would theck to make sure the Path to NetPBM is correct and that the permissions on it are also set to 777 hope that helps ya out. am still new to this xoopsgallery.

L4ou
  • 2003/2/27 19:24

• L4ou

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/22

setting them to 777 helped and the path is correct because I get the error message that gallery says means that safe mode is enabled on my server. It is enabled and I can't turn it off (not root). So I can't use it as made, unless there's some way to run it under PHP via CGI. Dunno.

randyg23
  • 2003/2/27 20:48

• randyg23

• Just popping in

I have no clue. maybe contact your service provider and ask them to turn it off???

skaag
  • 2003/2/28 0:07

• skaag

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/14

Here my problem is different...

I never had a problem with permissions because I chmod the module do 775 before I install it, and again after it is installed. The owner is myself, and the group is always www-data (the Apache group), so Apache can always write to the module's directories.

On the other hand, I have some weird bug here. The upload window's icons don't show up. When I click on Properties for the images, I get this weird URL:

http://www.texasriverbass.com/sites/texasriverbass.com/htdocs/modules/xoopsgallery/images/computer.gif

As you can see, gallery is trying to read the images from a combination of XOOPS_PATH and XOOPS_ROOT_PATH together...!

I am still debugging this right now to try and find the cause of the problem, but if someone has a quick solution up their sleeve, I will be glad to hear it here. There is no permission problem on my site, and safe_mode is off.

Another issue here is that after I update the preferences for Gallery, right after the transition screen where it says "Database has been updated successfuly", the module redirects to the wrong location:

Not Found
The requested URL /modules/xoopsgallery/admin/index.php was not found on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at texasriverbass.com Port 80

Is this just some silly bug?

Skaag

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits