anemic
The online table stops working
  • 2008/1/17 7:47

• anemic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/6

Hi,

I've long ago installed the buddyfriends module to track who is on my site and also allow members to know when their friends login or to send them messages. Several months ago the who is logged on aspect quit working and I've discovered the online table is not being updated when people login and out. I've updated the system module, dropped and rebuilt my tables and still I'm stuck. I'm running a 2.0.16 site. Any ideas on how to solve this would be appreciated. the last_login in the _users table IS being updated appropriately when members login.

Thanks anemic

Anonymous
Re: The online table stops working
  • 2008/1/17 11:40

• Anonymous

• Since:

Speculation here.......

Has your host upgraded either php or MySQL versions recently, i.e. does the module work with your version of php?

anemic
  • 2008/1/17 17:46

• anemic

• Just popping in

Nope..we are running the same setup for over a year. From what I've read this has happened occasionally to others. I could write code to maintain my own online table if I knew where to put it.. I thought about at the bottom of mainfile after XOOPS protector checks. If anyone cares to recommend the best place for a hook to be added please speak up.

The buddyfriends module had bugs when I first installed it (not passing uids around correctly) and I tracked those bugs down and repaired all of those. I've read the author has a new release out but ours has worked very well for 8 months or so so I've not updated. But it's obvious the online table underneath is not being updated..changes to that table are reflected in the module as they should be.

anemic
  • 2008/1/17 18:35

• anemic

• Just popping in

Ok..I'm not sure it's the right place but about 5 minutes of playing around showed me I can do my own online table by including code at the bottom of header.php. I was able to see logged in uid & uname, source IP address and also anonymous (not logged in members) visitors. I can make it work from here.

But still not sure this is the best place to do the including of add on code.

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits