script_fu
How do you create a categorie in GiJoes D3Forum?

I have installed a fresh copy of all below.

wampserver 2.0
apache 2.2.6
php 5.2.5
mysql 5.0.45
xoops 2.0.18
ALTSYS 0.56
d3forum 0.81

Everything seem to work fine no errors. The only problem is there is no place to start a cat???

Im confused figured it was a bug so I found a patch for 2.0.17
over herehttp://xoops.peak.ne.jp/md/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=110

So I applied it and now it has all kinds of notices and warnings...

Quote:

Notice: Use of undefined constant _MD_D3FORUM_LINK_MAKECATEGORY - assumed '_MD_D3FORUM_LINK_MAKECATEGORY' in file C:/wamp/www/gijoe_trust_path/modules/d3forum/main/makecategory.php line 57
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MD_D3FORUM_LINK_MAKECATEGORY - assumed '_MD_D3FORUM_LINK_MAKECATEGORY' in file C:/wamp/www/gijoe_trust_path/modules/d3forum/main/makecategory.php line 60
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MD_D3FORUM_LINK_MAKECATEGORY - assumed '_MD_D3FORUM_LINK_MAKECATEGORY' in file C:/wamp/www/gijoe_trust_path/modules/d3forum/main/makecategory.php line 61
Warning: xoopsOption[template_main] should be defined before including header.php in file /footer.php line 68
Warning: fopen(/modules/forum/templates/forum_main_category_form.html) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file /class/smarty/xoops_plugins/resource.db.php line 18
Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /modules/forum/templates/forum_main_category_form.html in file /class/smarty/xoops_plugins/resource.db.php line 19
Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in file /class/smarty/xoops_plugins/resource.db.php line 19
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in file /class/smarty/xoops_plugins/resource.db.php line 20
Warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for /modules/forum/templates/forum_main_category_form.html in file /class/smarty/xoops_plugins/resource.db.php line 32

Do I half to roll back my XOOPS version to 2.0.17.1 ???

What gives people???

stefan88
Re: How do you create a categorie in GiJoes D3Forum?
  • 2008/1/12 22:42

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

did you replaced the resource.db.php file with the one from extras folder of 2.0.18 distribution ...?

EDIT: They are same, so it's not that ...

EDIT2: I installed it to do some tests on XAMPP. Can't see category too, but one thing - in new XOOPS smarty plugin directory is class/smarty/xoops_plugins ( not class/smarty/plugins) so try to copy the files there (this removes the warnings for me, but still no category)...

EDIT3: LOL, when nothing else helps, read the readme
from the GiJoe site:

Quote:

- Overwrite class/smarty/xoops_plugins/resource.db.php
- remove all files under templates_c/ other than index.html or .htaccess

This did it for me

script_fu

I didn't even notice the two plugin folders. I put the file into the other one and now I can create cats...

Thank you for making it clearer to me.

I still have a whole bunch of notices...

-----

Quote:

All errors (4) queries (31) blocks (3) extra (0) timers (6)
Errors
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MD_D3FORUM_LINK_MAKECATEGORY - assumed '_MD_D3FORUM_LINK_MAKECATEGORY' in file C:/wamp/www/gijoe_trust_path/modules/d3forum/main/makecategory.php line 57
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MD_D3FORUM_LINK_MAKECATEGORY - assumed '_MD_D3FORUM_LINK_MAKECATEGORY' in file C:/wamp/www/gijoe_trust_path/modules/d3forum/main/makecategory.php line 60
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MD_D3FORUM_LINK_MAKECATEGORY - assumed '_MD_D3FORUM_LINK_MAKECATEGORY' in file C:/wamp/www/gijoe_trust_path/modules/d3forum/main/makecategory.php line 61
Warning: xoopsOption[template_main] should be defined before including header.php in file /footer.php line 68

In all the different spots to read what each setting is for
I have...

_MD_D3FORUM_CATEGORYMANAGER
_MD_D3FORUM_LINK_MAKECATEGORY
_MD_D3FORUM_TH_CATEGORYTITLE

It just goes on and on...

You think this might be php5 related?

voltan
  • 2008/1/13 6:17

• voltan

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/12/5

after Overwrite
class/smarty/xoops_plugins/resource.db.php
are you removeing all files under templates_c/ ?

script_fu

Thanks for the reply. I did get d3forum up and running. It is a very nice module. The only thing I dont like is there are no buttons for users to use. Everything is a text link.

-----

I figured out this is not an error in the module. Gijoe lets you name each field of the module with your own names. Its built right into the module under language. This is a very nice feature that had me lost for a bit.

Constant Name =
_MD_D3FORUM_ON

Default Value =
Posted on

User Value =
You can change the name of the field in this box

-----

Anyway for anybody else the only thing I can find wrong after another complete install is this warning below.

Quote:

Thanks for the replys...

vaughan
  • 2008/1/13 14:31

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

open up footer.php

and move the line that says xoopsOption[template_main] to before the line where include header.php is on line 68.

script_fu

Ty sir!!!

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits