janeansylves
Help me get rid of Errors related to Smart Profile

Let me preface this by saying I am a XOOPS newbie. My previous experience with PHP has been installing WordPress or Cube Cart, and snipping out bits of code here and there. I can usually puzzle out what things do, but this one has me stumped. Please bear with me, as this is a long story. Here is the vital information:

XOOPS Version: 2.0.16
Module Name/Version: SmartProfile and Smart Object
PHP Version: 4.4.7
MySQL Version: 4.1.22-standard
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache 1.3.39 (Unix)
Operating System: Mac OS 10.4.11
Theme you are using: 7dana-soft
Custom template: (Yes/No) No???
PHP Debug Messages: don't know this
MySQL Debug Messages: don't know this
Smarty Debug Messages: don't know this
A full description of the issue:

On a new site I am developing, I want to require new users to include their Location to register. I installed SmartProfile and SmartObject. It didn't work immediately so I started following some tips that someone suggested on the announcement page.

And now when I click on profile, I get

Quote:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /home2/wiki/public_html/modules/smartprofile/userinfo.php on line 85

So I looked at that line:

$fieldids xoops_getmodulehandler('visibility')->getVisibleFields($groups$thisUsergroups);

And I see that it has something to do with the visibility permission that the same person mentioned, so I went back to the admin panel, to the settings for the SmartProfile Module, and I clicked Permissions and dropped down to Visibility and I got

Quote:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /home2/wiki/public_html/modules/smartprofile/admin/visibility.php on line 69

So I looked at that line:

$groups xoops_gethandler('member')->getGroupList();

And I had no idea what to do. So I went back to read the announcement about SmartProfile and I saw that the module requires PHP 5, and I have PHP 4.4.7. What rotten luck.

So I went back to my admin panel and tried to Deactivate SmartProfile, and I cleared my browser cache, and went back to the Home Page, and clicked on "Your Info" and I got:

Quote:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /home2/wiki/public_html/modules/smartprofile/userinfo.php on line 85

and there is no userinfo.php in the modules/smartprofile directory. there is a user.php

I am lost. And I still need a way to require people to include a Location when they register. And people on the new site think I can fix anything so they keep emailing me! Argh!

janeansylves
Re: Help me get rid of Errors related to Smart Profile

I deleted the extra lines that I originally added to userinfo.php, and now the User Info works fine, but I still need a way to require new users to enter their locations.

vaughan
  • 2008/1/13 13:56

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

there's a version on the forum in smartfactory in 1 of the threads that is compatible with both php 4 & 5 with a few bugfixes.

but the latest CVS version would be best to use.

vaughan
  • 2008/1/13 14:05

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

I've repackaged the latest SVN version which you can download HERE

janeansylves

Quote:
there's a version on the forum in smartfactory in 1 of the threads that is compatible with both php 4 & 5 with a few bugfixes.

but the latest CVS version would be best to use.

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you are telling me.

Quote:
I've repackaged the latest SVN version which you can download HERE

And for some unknown reason my computer wants to open this file with Quicktime instead of unzipping it like a good little Mac.

vaughan
  • 2008/1/13 14:13

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

strange, cos it's a .rar file.

give me a min and i'll zip it instead.

ok download zip package here

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits