Brendahoisin
My Xoops home page is up! How do I create a second page?

I've just started using XOOPS (2.0.18) and I can't figure out how to create a new page! I have plenty of blocks on the home page. I notice that the drop-down menu at the top of the block menu allows you to show blocks visible in one page or all pages, but how do I create more pages?

Most web sites have more than one page. I have a horrible feeling I've missed somthing fundimental, here. Is there a "create new page" option in Xoop that I haven't found yet?

B.

neil1203
Re: My Xoops home page is up! How do I create a second page?
  • 2008/1/11 12:22

• neil1203

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/7 1

When I first installed XOOPS I had exactly the same feeling! Basically if you have come from using a static HTML website it is all a bit confusing at first.

If you activate additional modules via the modules administration page you will get an additional page for each module. One module that most sites would use is the news module.

Once you have activated the news modules you can then write articles which, although they are not "pages" as far as the XOOPS administration is concerned, can have links to them from navigation blocks (e.g. recent articles block). In this way you can build up the information in your site and get rid of that empty look that you get when you first start.

There are XOOPS modules (e.g. cjcontent)that you can download that will "wrap" static HTML and enable it to be presented as a page in Xoops, take a look through the module repository for these.

Hope this helps!

stefan88
  • 2008/1/11 12:30

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

You can say that in XOOPS each module is a page. So you may search for modules that do what you want. There is also empty modules ("Fantôme" is one of them:http://tutos.xoofoo.org/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=2) that will allow you to create a page and put some blocks on it.

If you need more pages just clone the module with another name (to do that you need to rename the module folder and do some changes in xoops_version.php file)

Brendahoisin

Thanks, guys. I'm trying it right now!
Wish me luck!
B.

Brendahoisin

Amazing! TinyContent has delivered everything I wanted from it. At last, something that actually works (once I've worked out how to do the sub-menus, that is). Thanks to all who helped me in this.
B.

fredgsanford

Yeah .. TinyContent is a great module! ...It is still my favorite XOOPS content module. A must on any installation!

hackbrill
  • 2008/1/12 3:21

• hackbrill

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/7/14

Don't forget about the vulnerability with the Spaw editor that comes packaged with Tiny Content. I just deleted Spaw editor and used another editor instead.

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=58707&forum=29
https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3799

Brendahoisin

Aw, dammit. Just when I thought I had it nailed.

Looks like it's Pico for me- And that means I need AltSys instaled - and looks like I need Protector, too. I sure hope these extra modules don't start to fight amongst themselves like the earlier ones I installed.

Here we go again...

stefan88
  • 2008/1/12 12:45

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

Those are all GiJoe modules - should work well, but may be hard to be installed - read the readme for them. Also read the readme from XOOPS extras folder. If not shure - ask

You may also ask when choosing modules for your needs...

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits