neil1203
Problems with AMS Module Cache When Trying to Turn off Google Adds for admin account
  • 2008/1/10 12:54

• neil1203

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/7 1

I have been trying out some updates to my site - www.reachtogether.co.uk and the way it works with Google adds. I wanted to stop the adds being displayed when I am using/updating the site as this distorts the Adsense statistics (especially important since I haven't got that much traffic yet). I'm fine with the side-bar adverts that are in their own blocks - these can be switched on for anonymous and off for registered/webmaster groups.

The problem is with adverts that I have embedded in the AMS Article and Index templates - these I have tried to switch off using some basic PHP code (checking to see if the user is admin). If the cache is switched on this approach works for the ads at the end of the article, but not for the ones in the Index. The index either continues to display the adds or not depending on what was saved in the cache.

Is there a way round this, how can I tell the XOOPS system not to use the cache for this template? I am aware that I can switch it off for the whole module but I do not want to do that.

Many thanks

Neil

Will_H
Re: Problems with AMS Module Cache When Trying to Turn off Google Adds for admin account
  • 2008/1/10 13:22

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Couldn't you just wrap the adsense code in <{if}> statements? Thereby regardless of the cache it would still be compiling from php.

neil1203
Re: Problems with AMS Module Cache When Trying to Turn off Google Adds for admin account
  • 2008/1/10 13:59

• neil1203

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/7 1

That is what I thought I was doing (within the cloned template)- I have to confess that I know nothing about PHP (although I have programmed in other langauges) so I may be doing something very stupid!

At any rate, it doesn't work with the cache on. Any ideas

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits