deka87
Keywords and meta description for every page
  • 2008/1/9 10:21

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

Hi, is there any way for usage separate keywords and meta description for every single page/module instead of usage mutual meta tags for the entire web-site? the thing is I have miscellaneous categories and each of them needs different description for SEO. Thank you in advance.
Mind anchors

mboyden
Re: Keywords and meta description for every page
  • 2008/1/9 14:31

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

It depends upon the module. For instance, SmartSection, one of several content managers, has a keywords field for each and every article. It fills the $xoops_meta_keywords variable with the value placed in this (and if left blank, it automatically fills in some keywords for you). Hopefully we'll see this in more and more modules as keywords are (somewhat) important for search engines. However, I will note that some search engines are beginning to eschew (avoid) use of the keywords field for other things like number of links to that page with appropriate keywords, date of material, etc., but generally still a good idea.

So, nothing automatic, per se, but capability exists.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

deka87
Re: Keywords and meta description for every page
  • 2008/1/9 15:52

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

Thank you mboyden. How about this: I creat several Custom Blocks, each to be shown in different modules, then write there some text with meta keywords and description. Will it work like meta tags for the module the Custom Block is shown in, or it's gonna be just useless? (and one more question: can I place a new block BELOW a module, cos whatever number I chose from 0 to million it's still gonna be above the module).
Mind anchors

Login

Who's Online

116 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 116

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits