comegona
CBB post date is 1969/12/31
  • 2007/12/21 17:46

• comegona

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/9

First I did a search for this issue using CBB but no results.

I'm using CBB 3.08 with XOOPS 2.0.17 and every time a user posts the post date is 1969/12/31.

Also as admin to the site I can't see the post, only when I log out I can see the post if I select view all posts. Within the module setup "'Since' default value" is set to 0.

Any help would be nice

script_fu
Re: CBB post date is 1969/12/31

Have you checked your server time and date? You can find php scripts for time and date all over the internet. Find one and upload it. Post back your default server time and date.

comegona
  • 2007/12/21 18:42

• comegona

• Not too shy to talk

I dont think there is anything wrong with server time or date since I have another site on the same server and it works fine using same version of CBB and Xoops. I think the issue is with install of CBB. I had tried to "upgrade" using the same version and re-synced the module but that did not help. If I upgraded to version 4 would that sort of help?

script_fu

Well that answers that question...

Since you have extra sites on the same server setup the same way. One works and the other doesn't creates some other questions.

1) How long has the broken site been up?
2) How much work have you done to it?
3) Has newbb ever been right or is this a fresh install?

I would hold off a little while on the upgrade and only use as a last resort based on how you answer the questions above.

I am useing cbb4 and have no issues. It is however still an rc version. Cbb4 does have a file integrity check to make sure all files have been uploaded.

Anyway fish around a little more. Its something minor post up some more info...

comegona
  • 2007/12/22 22:00

• comegona

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

1) It was broken when I upgraded to 3.08. At first the images would not show up so I took an image of another site, that is working, and over wrote all. The images came back but the post date was messed up.

2) other than above not much.

3) It was right before the 3.08 upgrade.

I dont think that it is a CBB bug. I think when I did what I did it messed something up.

The forum is not that big so I'm wondering if I delete and do a fresh install, backup the CBB databaseof CBB first, then reapply the database if that would help.

script_fu

Quote:

comegona wrote:
[quote]

Thanks for answering the questions.

Quote:

1) It was broken when I upgraded to 3.08. At first the images would not show up so I took an image of another site, that is working, and over wrote all. The images came back but the post date was messed up.

So your saying that cbb was not broken before you upgraded to 3.0.8?

Quote:

2) other than above not much.

Okay so a fresh install would be pretty easy then.

Quote:

3) It was right before the 3.08 upgrade.

I dont think that it is a CBB bug. I think when I did what I did it messed something up.

The forum is not that big so I'm wondering if I delete and do a fresh install, backup the CBB databaseof CBB first, then reapply the database if that would help.

Okay now we are starting to learn what happened. I see where you said you overwrote cbb 3.08 with cbb 3.08.

So before that what was the version of the module you started with? You seem to say you upgraded from something else? What was it...

comegona
  • 2007/12/24 4:53

• comegona

• Not too shy to talk

Before I upgraded to 3.08 it was working. I upgraded from another version that was just previous to the 3.08 release but I cant remember what version that was.

So would doing a sql backup then install 3.08 fresh then apply the sql backup work?

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits