bleriot
Even News 2.1 - Can't delete newsletter
  • 2007/12/19 11:27

• bleriot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/12/18

Hi,

before stating my problem, I give you as much information as possible about the different components I'm using.

XOOPS Version: 2.0.17.1
Module Name/Version: Even News 2.1
PHP Version: 5.2.5
MySQL Version: 4.1.22-community-nt
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache 2.2.6
Operating System: Windows XP SP 2
Theme you are using: 7-dana
Custom template: (Yes/No) ?

PHP Debug Messages: ?

MySQL Debug Messages: None, as far as I know (the error log is empty)

Smarty Debug Messages: ?
A full description of the issue:

I have just installed and configured Even News 2.1 and everything seems to work very well. However, it is not possible to delete old newsletters.

When I select the "Message Archives" in Even News administration menu, I get the list of newsletters I've sent. That's OK.

Then, I click the delete button located on the right of the newsletter to remove and get a confirmation screen (Submit / Cancel deletion).

Well the problem arises here; when I press the submit button, I always get redirected to the confirmation screen. If I click it 10 times, then it's ten times that I get redirected. Clicking on the cancel button has the same effect.

Of course, the newsletter is still there. If I delete it using MySQL administrator, then, obviously, it dissappears from the list. But this is something I wouldn't like to have to do!

Any help?

Thanks alot.

Bleriot.

Catzwolf
Re: Even News 2.1 - Can't delete newsletter
  • 2007/12/19 11:59

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Sounds like you could have a register global issue with this module. Can you tell us if Register Global on or off?

bleriot
  • 2007/12/19 12:21

• bleriot

• Just popping in

OK. What's the name of the variable I have to look for at php.ini? (I assume it can be changed in this file...)

Excuse me for such a stupid question, but I'm quite a newbie when talking about PHP...

Bleriot

bleriot
  • 2007/12/19 12:27

• bleriot

• Just popping in

Well, I answered to quickly...

The name of the variable, once found, was so evident that I felt stupid (register_globals).

It was set to off. Now I have changed it to on, restarted apache, cleared my browser (Firefox, last version) cache and tried again... with no success at all.

Bleriot

Peekay
  • 2007/12/19 12:38

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

You may be luckier than me, but I got *lots* of spam using the EvenNews module. It is very old.

I believe that SmartFactory have an alternative newsletter mod which you might want to consider as an alternative.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

443 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 443

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits