mauricio
Re: Show us the $$$....!
  • 2007/12/13 18:54

• mauricio

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/5 1

I'm not talking about ban them from xoops.org website, but from the XOOPS project at sourceforge.net

what do you think about it?

Marco
  • 2007/12/13 19:00

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

we have first to act as professionals, and bring back fun to this project.
The dissolution of the foundation is the best news of the year for the project. Our project is not enough mature to manage such a tool (may i say toy?). We have to bring back open source spirit to this project, to incitate to cooperation and community initiatives, to focus on OUR product (that needs a lot), and to throw away money considerations. There is no need to create a tool to manage only infrastructure needs. We don't like private clubs attitudes. Let's turn our minds to the essential: XOOPS itself.
Let's write down our manifesto, as a good start, to prevent what make us waste our time during 3 years.

NB i'm personaly curious to see what is the real financial situation of the foundation...
Do synergy or die.

Mamba
  • 2007/12/13 19:02

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
3) Everybody in the Open Source community knows and understands the meaning of a fork, and ImpressCMS is a fork!

BTW - I assume, ImpressCSM people will follow the Guidelines posted by Herko in 2006

Quote:

- The code (a derrivative work of the XOOPS open sourced code) is released under the terms of the GPL 2.0. This doesn't mean you can't sell the product, it does mean you can't restrict buyers freedom to use and do with it that they want. Failure to comply with this condition may result in legal action.

- The original source of your code (the XOOPS Project) is credited in every file containing a bit of original code. The code may be open source, but it IS copyrighted by the XOOPS project and its original authors. The copyright is licenced (making it copyleft), but not removed.

- The XOOPS project is credited somewhere public as well. Its only fair to do so when you make money with other people's work, with your own work added to it.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Mamba
  • 2007/12/13 19:05

• Mamba

Quote:
I'm not talking about ban them from xoops.org website, but from the XOOPS project at sourceforge.net

Nobody should be banned, unless they do something wrong. Supporting other projects is not wrong! That's Open Source!
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Mamba
  • 2007/12/13 19:08

• Mamba

Quote:
The dissolution of the foundation is the best news of the year for the project.

I have to disagree. Almost all of the big Open Source projects have some kind of a Foundation which serves as the legal representative.

What we have to make sure is that it properly represents XOOPS interests, that the Board is being elected by others and self-appointed, and that there is transparency in everything what the do.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Marco
  • 2007/12/13 19:10

• Marco

• Home away from home

Yep, but you did not read the entire paragraph. We are not mature enough to manage such a toy, for now. it brings only dispersion. And it's ridiculous to create such a tool without a strong product : it's actually not the case.
marco
Do synergy or die.

mauricio
  • 2007/12/13 19:11

• mauricio

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/5 1

Quote:

Quote:

Nobody should be banned, unless they do something wrong. Supporting other projects is not wrong! That's Open Source!

Support XOOPS at sourceforge is not a right but a privilegy.

I'm talking about remove the privilegy of impresscms team from the XOOPS project at sourceforge.

what do you think about it?

The XOOPS Black list:

ANDREWVINCENT
DAVE LERNER
FÉLIX
Giba
JAMES MORRIS
JULIAN EGELSTAFF
KONRAD LUTKIEWICZ
MARC-ANDRE LANCIAULT
MARK BOYDEN
MARKO SCHMUCK
MICHAL SZYDA
STEVE KENOW
SUDHAKER RAJ
THERPLIMA
VAUGHAN
DEBIANUS
NEKRO
SAGANXIS
WTRAVEL
XOOPS-MAGAZINE

vaughan
  • 2007/12/13 19:27

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

@Mauricio.

ban from SF? and you risk losing a lot more than a few core devs & community support. but you will lose all the modules that are hosted there.

maybe you're not aware but people have module dev projects there, with CVS access to just their own modules/projects. you ban from SF you stop those people being able to develop and commit changes to their modules. such as what DJ did with marcan by removing his CVS access when he quit the core team.. might i say that there was no need to remove cvs access, only svn access needed removing, and DJ refuses to give back that access. but that doesn't matter anymore though because marcan moved his module development to a new project smartx just so he could update & develop his own modules.

remember those modules are still being developed FOR XOOPS.

Marco
  • 2007/12/13 19:28

• Marco

• Home away from home

@mauricio
there is no need to ban. We will try not to replicate the past bad habbits. Let's focus our energy on the essential, at once.
Do synergy or die.

BlueStocking

Mamba,
I agree with the way you are handling this bad situation 100%.

Once the conflict of interest has been sorted out with the Foundation then I believe XOOPS can continue on in a positive direction.

I would like to thank 'the current project council' for giving us the wiki, and the redesign of the main page and the faster server.

Along with the future needed help to get XOOPS back on track regarding one XOOPS for all and ALL for one XOOPS.

(accepting the forks for what they are, of course)

BS
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits