mauricio
Re: How much money has the xoops foundation earned in 2007?
  • 2007/12/13 17:41

• mauricio

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/5 1

the login of the ADS Servives will be shared too?

for example, the username and password of text-link-ads.com account used at xoops.org, and the google adsense account, etc.

vaughan
  • 2007/12/13 17:55

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

No. you can create your own accounts for ADS services & google adsense.

mauricio
  • 2007/12/13 17:58

• mauricio

• Just popping in

vaughan wrote:
Quote:
No. you can create your own accounts for ADS services & google adsense.

the foundation are blocking the access to xoops.org ads reports?

vaughan
  • 2007/12/13 18:03

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

exscuse me? but where on earth did i say that?

i said you can create your own ads services & google adsense accounts.

when the foundation is dissolved the reports will be given to XOOPS along with assets. end of.

that does not entitle you to login details.

anyway, that's my last word, read my response in the other thread, and be patient.. no more responses from anybody will be given until the situation has been sorted appropriately with the people concerned.

i have asked for both of my accounts here on x.org to be completely removed, so if the admins are quick, this will be the last response you'll get on the matter.

mauricio
Re: Xoops community donations being used to fork Xoops?
  • 2007/12/13 18:15

• mauricio

• Just popping in

Quote:

Herko was number 22 on the list, when he was removed from the list it droped back to 21.

to 20 now:

AndrewVincent
Dave Lerner
Félix
Giba
James Morris
Julian Egelstaff
Konrad Lutkiewicz
Marc-Andre Lanciault
Mark Boyden
Marko Schmuck
Michal Szyda
Steve Kenow
Sudhaker Raj
TheRplima
Vaughan
debianus
nekro
saganxis
wtravel
xoops-magazine

Mamba
Re: Show us the $$$....!
  • 2007/12/13 18:22

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
actually technically, the foundation is for supporting XOOPS, and as impressCMS is technically XOOPS, just not DJ's XOOPS, nobody breeched the foundations policy and statute, because impressCMS is still XOOPS for the time being. it just isn't XOOPS.org xoops.

1) As stated on ImpressCMS:

"ImpressCMS is an Open Source Content Management System derived from XOOPS 2.x. The goal of this project is to produce a free, open source content management system that is secure, scalable, user-friendly, standards compliant, accessible, and impressive!"

I would like to point to the wording "derived". I hope you can check the meaning of this word in your Webster dictionary, but according to my dictionary "derived" means "not present in the ancestral form", so you really cannot claim that "ImpressCMS is XOOPS".

2) One of your first task on SourceForge ImpressCMS that you focused on was to Task 144675 with the goal to "Replace the reference to XOOPS and XOOPS Project". So who are you kidding?

3) Everybody in the Open Source community knows and understands the meaning of a fork, and ImpressCMS is a fork!

4) Everybody in the community also knows that ImpressCMS was created by people who are hostile to XOOPS's current Project Council. We all have the records of fights, threats, disagreements, etc. between the leaders of ImpressCMS and XOOPS. So any court will clearly see that ImpressCMS has been created as a competitive project to XOOPS.

5) Now, the LEGAL obligation of XOOPS Foundation and its Board members is to "to support the XOOPS Project and the XOOPS Community in any way it can". So I would love to see how the board members actually fulfilled their legal obligations by joining and supporting a competitive project, and how the XOOPS Project benefited from it?

Quote:
on a legal standpoint, nobody did anything unjust. and that is not up for argument. morally i agree there is seen to be a conflict of interest, but not legally. anyway discussion closed.

I suggest that you talk to a lawyer about it before you make this kind of statements.

Quote:
and before anybody asks anymore questions about money and whatever, WAIT FOR THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT. this is the last post from me here, and you will not get anymore answers or responses from anyone relating to impressCMS on xoops.org *or* xoopsinfo unless it's a support issue.

We are not interested in ImpressCMS. It's a free world, and everybody is free to do fork other projects, and while this is unfortunate, I wish you all the best.

What we are here about is to represent XOOPS interests since the people who were chartered with it, have failed in doing it by supporting and joining competing project.

And I really would like to appeal to those people who decided to create and support ImpressCMS - you've made your choice, then MOVE ON! Stop fighting with XOOPS people, stop dragging it on.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

hackbrill
  • 2007/12/13 18:36

• hackbrill

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/7/14

Quote:

Mamba wrote:
[quote]
And I really would like to appeal to those people who decided to create and support ImpressCMS - you've made your choice, then MOVE ON! Stop fighting with XOOPS people, stop dragging it on.

+1

mauricio
  • 2007/12/13 18:42

• mauricio

• Just popping in

hackbrill wrote:
Quote:

+1 BAN THEM ALL FROM THE XOOPS PROJECT!!!!!!!!!

AndrewVincent
Dave Lerner
Félix
Giba
James Morris
Julian Egelstaff
Konrad Lutkiewicz
Marc-Andre Lanciault
Mark Boyden
Marko Schmuck
Michal Szyda
Steve Kenow
Sudhaker Raj
TheRplima
Vaughan
debianus
nekro
saganxis
wtravel
xoops-magazine

gtop00
  • 2007/12/13 18:48

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Quote:

mauricio wrote:

Why my friend? Is it an open source project? Aren't you registered in another open source project?

Please stop this now!

Mamba
  • 2007/12/13 18:52

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

No, we don't want to do it. Everybody is free to participate and support any projects they want, as long as they don't sabotage XOOPS. They might change later on their minds and come back. That this happened in the past.

We as a community have to focus on creating positive energy on XOOPS.

I truly hope that we'll resolve the current disagreements with some of the supporters of ImpressCMS so we all can move on to our respective projects.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits