pelicanjoe
Re: Help, Login recognizes you, but doesn't give permissions - solved
  • 2007/12/13 2:23

• pelicanjoe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/12/13

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum. Just installed via godaddy. Quite painless installation, but now I sign on as admin, I get that I don't have permission and routes me back to the home page. I've run the repair on all my databases. I even downloaded foxfire to try that. No-joy!

Any advice?

Thanks!

Joe.

trabis
  • 2007/12/13 2:32

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

That´s a diferent problem. You might want to do another painless instalation and remember your login info. You may be providing the wrong password.

ukandrewf
  • 2007/12/13 22:46

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

I'm still scratching my head with this one any advice gratefully received.

As suggested in this thread I tried playing with older versions of mainfile.php but with no joy.

I tried installing phpMyAdmin (it's not installed as standard by my isp) but with no joy either. While it loads and allows me access when i try to repair a table i get:-

#1142 - INSERT command denied to user 'xxx xxx' for table 'xoops_session'

Not sure where or how i grant myself rights to the db.

Any other ideas? I have to get this back up.

Andrew

ukandrewf
  • 2007/12/16 12:43

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

Ok in the interest of helping others who may be in a similar sistuation with login problems.

I solved my login problems.

The issue for me was that i was tring to access the database with a database user account which didn't have full admin control. Reverting to the DBO (database owner) user account solved all the probelms. This circumstance should hopefully be rare for other users but may be useful to note.

(My ISP (fasthosts UK) was hacked and in response reset passwords for all database users as a defensive measure. When showing database users in control panel they don't list DBO in the users list making me think they had killed the user account - so I recreated a variant but it didn't have full admin control - but did reserect the site so users could see it after 24 hrs down.)

Andrew

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits