rageset
Looking for Modules Equal To My Ideas
  • 2007/12/12 11:00

• rageset

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hello Fellow Xoopers,

I recently opened a new website powered by XOOPS 2.0.17.1. and I have a lot of ambition for features that aren’t modules [yet]. I have searched the Module Repository on this site and so far I can’t find what I’m looking for.

My Needs are as follows:

Point/Level System: I love CBB’s 3.08 HP/MP/EXP level system and I want to know if there is a module that can extend that to all facets of a website. Example is if a member of the site submits news, blog post, articles or whatever, they gain bit of EXP points. Even if they view certain parts of a website or login at least once per day, they will get a bit of EXP points. I love Roosterteeth’s Mod Point system, it almost allows the community to help police each other and rewards forum posts that have substance.

Banking System: This idea can replace what I wrote about the Point/Level System or even better be added upon it. Each member of the site has a “bank account” when they join. They get different amounts of money as they post and/or submit various types of content. With the money they have, they can buy items from a store that can either upgrade their accounts to do various things they couldn’t before and/or buy actual items. With this System, they can also buy currency with real money or if they donate money to the site and a set amount of site currency is added to their account’s bank automatically (this is really necessary if the module allows Admins to add currency to a member’s account manually).

Subscription System with One-time transactions Ability: I know there are a few modules that allows members to pay a subscription to join a “Group” that are allowed access to modules non-paying members cannot. I intend to use one of them, but I also want members who don’t want to pay for a subscription to be allowed to pay a one-time fee for access to one particular piece of content. I also want to be able to use Google Checkout.

If any one knows of any existing modules that are close to my ideas above, please tell me.

These are the major ideas I need fulfilled somehow in order to create a successful online opinion site. I am looking for experienced XOOPS web developers to assist me with this quest. I am willing to pay some cash plus with the option of profit sharing and site ownership if the web developer is good enough to make/modify the modules according to my needs.

Rage. You can reply here or send me an email at frmediaworks AT gmail DOT com.

Current Modules:

CBB 3.08, EvenNews 2.1, XF Article 1.0, Liaise 1.26, News 1.56, WF-Channel 1.07, Polls 1.0, Tiny Content 1.5, Protector 3.1, Spotlight 2.2, SmartFaq 1.08, Xpress 2.05, Captcha 0.13, Myalbum 2.88, Yogurt SN 2.9, Subscriptions 0.95, Xasset 0.83, Smartprofile 1.0, and Smartsection 2.13. Please note I am experimenting with many of these modules to see if they fill my needs one way or another and most aren’t available to the public.

stefan88
Re: Looking for Modules Equal To My Ideas
  • 2007/12/12 11:20

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Not shure if that will help as I didn't use it, but there is userpoint module from catz...

Also not shure it is still in development

rageset
Re: Looking for Modules Equal To My Ideas
  • 2007/12/12 11:48

• rageset

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/25

Thank you for your response, stefan88. I tried the userpoints module and it does have potential. It needs to support more modules and since I'm looking for a web developer, I really don't know the technical side of Xoops.

If someone was able to modify it to support a few of the modules I need, display the amount of points a member's has in their profile and the ability for the member to spend their points in a site shop, I would greatly love that person to death. hehehe.

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits