invertigo7
Two Xoops Installs, One Module
  • 2007/11/23 5:10

• invertigo7

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/1 1

Greetings all!

I have a somewhat unusual situation I've been trying to figure out. I have two web sites, we'll call them Site A and Site B. Each site has its own separate XOOPS install and its own databases, Database A and Database B. On site A I have a module that I built that is full of data in Database A. I would like to install the same module on site B, but have it pull its data from Database A. All other modules on site B would use database B as normal, only one specific module would use database A.

I found a post (https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1222) explaining how to run multiple sites with one XOOPS install, but I don't think that will do quite what I need. I have no problem with using separate installs and separate databases. I only want to share this one module. Both sites are hosted on the same server on our hosting account.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

wizanda
Re: Two Xoops Installs, One Module
  • 2007/11/23 10:03

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

The mainfile directs the site to MySql....often i have two copies running at home for testing (only one database).....only problem is that you need a modules folders and XOOPS version file for both sites of anything installed in each......
Yet you can make a header redirect files for each module pointing to the real locations....Never tried it though…..

stefan88
Re: Two Xoops Installs, One Module
  • 2007/11/23 12:28

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Quick, easy and durty - hardcode the database query in module B to access database A ...

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits