Northern
Something is not right
  • 2007/11/6 16:29

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

Who has the key to delete posts? or topics on that matter... here on xoops.org...

is it right for a theme designer to have the right to delete a post if not a topic to save face?

Granted this designer has helped alot, but what they have done does not doesnt give them rights to do what a moderator could do.

Why do i post this?
I good friend of mine and many others, has been done wrong buy a fellow xoopster....
they said one thing and then once you agreed to it, it changed and became something else...

And I would like insight on this...

Ive sat quietly. and done my own thing, but im tired of this Resized Image

the XOOPS based site Resized Image has much explaining to do.

Oh and delete this if you wish, but it will be posted again, and again, and yet again till the wrong has been fixed.

Marc.

Bender
Re: Something is not right
  • 2007/11/6 17:00

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Followup here (same issue)

Other thread
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Anonymous
Re: Something is not right
  • 2007/11/6 17:01

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
Northern wrote:

Who has the key to delete posts? or topics on that matter... here on xoops.org...

The Forum Moderators and admins.

Quote:
Northern wrote:

is it right for a theme designer to have the right to delete a post if not a topic to save face?

Granted this designer has helped alot, but what they have done does not doesnt give them rights to do what a moderator could do.

So far as I'm aware, there are no theme designers or other people who earn a buck or two out of providing services to xoopsters who have moderating priviledges. If I'm wrong then I'm sure that someone will tell me.

Quote:
Northern wrote:

Why do i post this?
I good friend of mine and many others, has been done wrong buy a fellow xoopster....
they said one thing and then once you agreed to it, it changed and became something else...

If you're referring the thread that I locked yesterday, I explained why I did it in the thread itself, the simple reason being that the problem is a contractual one between a XOOPS user and a third-party organisation with no direct connection with xoops.org. It has nothing to do with xoops.org per se.

These forums are not the place for such issues to be resolved. Such matters should be sorted out in private, either amicably or via the Courts. Further, leaving potentially libellous statements in public view on xoops.org could land xoops.org in bother.

This is the stance that we have taken with other such issues in the recent past. This case is/was no different.

I left the locked thread in public view whilst seeking the views of the other moderators. It was then moved to a private "Holding Area".

Quote:
Northern wrote:

And I would like insight on this...

You now have it.

Quote:
Northern wrote:

Ive sat quietly. and done my own thing, but im tired of this Resized Image

the XOOPS based site Resized Image has much explaining to do.

I hope the above explanation helps.

Quote:
Northern wrote:

Oh and delete this if you wish, but it will be posted again, and again, and yet again till the wrong has been fixed.

Why would this be deleted?

Thank you, Bender, for the reply in the other thread - save me/us a job.

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits