Le_Th
Looking for Protector 3.0
  • 2007/11/6 11:05

• Le_Th

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/11/6

I'm beginning to wonder if I ever will have a working CMS... Started checking out Joomla, but the user handling was very poor. Travelled on to Drupal, and it's possible I can get that to work, but for some reason I decided to get XOOPS a chance before I gave Drupal too much of my effort and hours.

I found this thread very useful, and started to follow the instructions. But I got stuck at the installation of the Protector module, according to the instructions the latest version should be 3.0, but all I've found is 2.5* Well, at least that is what the download link in the repository list points to, it's possible it is somewhere on the authors homepage, but that page seems hacked or spammed or whatever. A bit ironic, isn't it? (Or maybe it's just me beeing old-fashioned, it might be a new design trend I haven't picked up yet?)

I guess I could follow the tutorial without that particular module (or with the plder version), but this made me a bit defensive - does XOOPS have significant security problems?

And will I ever ever have that nice, well-built, easy-to-manage, secure CMS with exactly the features I need?

debianus
Re: Looking for Protector 3.0
  • 2007/11/6 11:11

• debianus

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/12/17

Last stable release:
http://www.xoopsaddons.org/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=41&lid=802

Handbook:
http://www.xoopswiki.org/wiki/index.php?title=Protector

Starting with xoops
http://www.xoopswiki.org/wiki/index.php?title=Starting_a_New_XOOPS_Site

kaotik
  • 2007/11/6 11:14

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

Hi Le_Th, welcome to Xoops!
You can find protector at gijoe's site. He's Japanese so his site is a mixture of English and Japanese. Scroll down to the MyWorks section.
Xoops is definitely easy to accomplish both simple sites or more advanced company intranets. It's advanced permissions system is among the best available in any CMS. Plus smarty allows easy customizing of templates.
www.kaotik.biz

kaotik
  • 2007/11/6 11:15

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

Hi debianus, guess your faster at typing then me
www.kaotik.biz

Le_Th
  • 2007/11/6 12:09

• Le_Th

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/11/6

And you were indeed very fast to answer, thank you both! Especially for the download link, now I see that there's a better place to look for modules than in the official Modules repository, that's a bit confusing.

I'll go on with the reading and testing later today, and hopefully I'll have a working test site before bedtime.

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits