pmhoran
Totally confused ... no pics ... icons, jpg or gifs showing
  • 2007/11/2 20:24

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/21

I have installed numerous XOOPs version on a number of different sites. But this problem totally confuses me.

New install of 2.0.17.1 RC2 ... no modules yet
MySql 4.1.22-standard
PHP 5.1.6
running Linux

When I installed ... I got the red X's on every installation screen but didn't pay them any attention. It says it installed properly & thats all that mattered. Then I went to the site
http://www.greengaybulls.com

Even the Default theme ... no jpg's or gif's ... although once in a while a banner will show up but most times its just a red x too.

Immediate first thought was the FTP program goofed & transferred in the wrong format. So ... all the themes ... I reuploaded them using 3 different FTP programs. All set to AUTO in the format. Same problem.

My friend (whose site this is) has another site running XOOPS on the same account (it runs & shows perfectly fine ... same XOOPS version). So ... I copied the Themes files (not the default one) from the working site to the new install. No difference.

I turned on the debug ... no errors.

I was going to try to assign the transfer mode in the FTP ... but I have forgotten what the mode is for pics & html. And I had also put into the browser the URLs for the various jpg's & gif's and each that I tried showed up right in the browser ... just not when they are called into a theme.

I have checked to make sure the <{$xoops_module_header}> is included in all themes I have tried.

I am totally out of ideas ... and as I said ... totally confused.

Any and all assistance greatly appreciated
Thanks
Peter

PS the sites working fine with 2.0.17.1 RC2 are
www.gaypei.com
www.cdnhealingartscentre.com
They are on the same server and no problems

vaughan
Re: Totally confused ... no pics ... icons, jpg or gifs showing
  • 2007/11/2 20:28

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

sounds like your server may have hotlink protection enabled, or something serverside is preventing the images loading through the script.

check for anything in htaccess files or in cpanel.

off hand i can't think of anything else at mo.

vaughan
  • 2007/11/2 20:31

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

also your homepage is extremely slow at loading.. it gets stuck with 10 items left to download to the browser..

which is strange considering that there's nothing on your site at mo which i can see would slow it down..

pmhoran
  • 2007/11/2 20:38

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

BINGO !!!!!

Thank you Vaughn ...

I thought I had thought of everything ... but didn't even think of that.

I will remember it next time though ... if it ever happens again. The www.greengaybulls.com is an Addon Domain to www.gaypei.com. Just never thought the .htaccess on gaypei.com would in any way affect greengaybulls.com. But obviously it does.

Thanks again .. you saved what little sanity I have left

Take care
Peter

pmhoran
  • 2007/11/2 20:40

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

hmmmm ... thats strange ... about the slow loading. I go to the URL and its BANG ... right there. Maybe your connection to that server has indigestion at the moment or something

PS ... mind you ... when you visited I still had the debug running. Could that have caused a slow down for you??

Login

Who's Online

87 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 87

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits