kevcar
Running two Forums on Xoops
  • 2007/10/29 11:26

• kevcar

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/2 1

Can I run two forums on Xoops, as I have a version 1 of a XOOPS forum on my site and it can't be updated, and I don't want to lose all the posts from this forum, so can I have another forum running along side with mine?

Thanks

Bender
Re: Running two Forums on Xoops
  • 2007/10/29 17:47

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Without a lot of work you can´t run the same forum module. However running a different forum than the first might be an option. E.g. 1 x newbb/cbb and 1 x newbbex might be an option.
At least from a very quick look it seems to be enough modified. (hervet would be able to confirm or deny this)

However ... why can´t you update the other one?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

wizanda
  • 2007/10/29 18:12

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Version one of Newbb can be updated, i advise getting a copy of WAMP….. change the php.ini upload limit, so you can import your full MySql… test the site upgrades correctly, at home first before touching the live site
There were upgrade scripts done, there are odd permission and changes that need adding, yet i did so also.....
As for two forums it depends if they are two separate systems else they might call the same data and functions....

kevcar
  • 2007/11/1 14:38

• kevcar

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/2 1

This is the Version I have how do I update it?

(Newbe question.)

Version

Description
Forums module for XOOPS

Author
Original admin section (phpBB 1.4.4) by<br />The phpBB Group<br />(http://www.phpbb.com/ )<br />

Credits
Kazumi Ono<br />(http://www.myweb.ne.jp/ )

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits