Bassman
Is anyone else sick of all this crap?
  • 2007/10/28 22:04

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Like the thread title says. Is anyone else sick of all this crap?

I've been a XOOPS user and a forum member since 2003. Over that time i've seen a lot of ups and downs in the project, people coming and going, and some coming and going more than once. But lately I can't believe what i'm seeing. I'm sick of all the ego trips, character assassination, lies, half-truths, accusations, misinformation, self-promotion, and all the plain crap. I'm not naming names, there's a lot of you, and you all know who you are. I wasn't going to say anything, but I really don't want to see something i've invested so much of my time in go down the toilet.T here's a lot of very talented people here wasting their time with this crap instead of making XOOPS better. I'm just wondering how many other users are sick of it all, and how many former users that have just disappeared because of it.

wizanda
Re: Is anyone else sick of all this crap?
  • 2007/10/28 22:10

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

+1
Trying to build bridges via IM and communication with everyone and seeing if we can get the one thing back, that made me choose XOOPS to begin with, community! ....

BlueStocking

Bassman,
Please how can we make XOOPS better.

Your input will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Garrath
  • 2007/10/28 22:59

• Garrath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/11

I put here what i said yesterday
Quote:

Sorry for my bad english

I use Xoops, and i want to continue to use XOOPS because i don't want have the think to have lost time in use Xoops.
For that, XOOPS may be go ahead.
For me go ahead mean that XOOPS developpement continues...

But the problem is when i go to xoops.org, sourceforge etc... i see more 'political' discuss about XOOPS management, than discuss about XOOPS technical future.
Is not a good thing.

I don't want this 'political' discuss are in private area, it's better in public (for the knowlege of the community).
But i think there'll come a moment when you'll may stop and you'll be act something, and return to developpement. And that for the good of Xoops.
Don't forget that XOOPS is first a Software, and if developpement don't go, Xoops'll become a abandonware.
And after XOOPS dead, all 'political' discuss seem to be lost time. Who want to manage a foundation for a dead software?

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=61393&start=20#forumpost276357

You can see that i think like you Bassman...
And for BlueStocking i think there is a begining answer for your question...
Stop 'political' discuss, Begin Technical subject... return to developpement...

BlueStocking

by Garrath on 2007/10/28 16:59:39

http://xoops-end-user.com/xtxmv7k/
Above is the technical area I am currently working on.
My abilities are not very good yet but I use my html knowledge as a base to learn from.

See the technical part of my glossary,
Glossary_T

There is only so much that I have the ability to do, and I try to do my best with those abilities.

I have had to spend much time just keeping my site up, it has been under constant hacker attact. I believe I have found the source and closed that hole now so I can continue with my more constructive work.

Learning about XOOPS and php.

Regards,
...darcy

Bassman
  • 2007/10/28 23:19

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Like Garrath says - stop all the political crap, name-calling and finger-pointing and get back to coding. I wish I had the technical ability to make a difference, but unfortunately my PHP knowledge is minimal and my time is limited.

Garrath
  • 2007/10/28 23:23

• Garrath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/11

Sorry for my bad english

this is not for you BlueStoking
Quote:

Stop 'political' discuss, Begin Technical subject... return to developpement...

this is in general way.

I think i can have technical discuss but not in english... but i can try to make an effort to be comprehensive for reader

BlueStocking

Thank you,

I just followed one of the links I passed you and found a whole directory of files were missing and thanks to you I will restore them ... It was my oversite and had you not asked I may have missed them for a long time.

Again, Thanks
BlueStocking

nachenko
  • 2007/10/29 0:46

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

Quote:

Bassman wrote:
Like the thread title says. Is anyone else sick of all this crap?

Yes, I am.

Quote:
I've been a XOOPS user and a forum member since 2003.

Me too.

What we need? It's very simple. Less talk and more action. Probably the best thing happened to XOOPS this year has not been the commitees and teams and subcommitees and manifests and what the hell we do with the domain and blah blah blah...

It has been the EXM edition and the #OOPS# child, 2.0.18 XM-XT. And it's not because of their features, it's because of the action itself.

There's a reason for the commitees to suck, always, everywhere, and it's the same reason for Kitty Genovese to receive no help.

BlueStocking

Thank you,

There has been a lot of work put into the 2.0.18 XM-XT
It is something the Brazilian community can be very proud of accomplishing.

Check out the credits on the Team credits link under the link to the actual install.

BS

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits