BlueStocking
Re: Proposal: Towards A Sustainable Open Source Project

@Crip
In light of this response, please remove Vaughan 'off topic' responses to another thread so we can continue with the very important business at hand.

Thank you
BlueStocking
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

fathersmurf

if he is concerned a bout a possible hacker who people want involvd with XOOPS future - it seems releventt.

Mamba
  • 2007/10/25 20:37

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

vaughan,

Linux is not CMS, but it's an Open Source project, the same as XOOPS, so from that perspective it's not much different. As on every project there are developers with egos and the challange is to manage the project in a way that it moves forward.

As you can see from my proposal that I've submitted in early July (see my proposal here), I don't care if the Core developer is the Project Leader or not. But I don't want to exclude him from being the Project Leader. If he has the talent/skills to do it, I don't have any problems with it. And for me, there is no conflict of interests in it.

But I'm looking for a structure that will promote democratic process within the community. Something I definitely don't want to see is somebody self-appointing himself to be the Foundation chair like Herko did. I really would like to reward people doing the work, being loyal to XOOPS, and not people looking just for titles and power.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

wizanda
  • 2007/10/25 20:49

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Required_always 'Proposal: Towards A Sustainable Open Source Project' =
Quote:
Not people looking just for titles and power.

Catzwolf
  • 2007/10/25 22:39

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

As you can see from my proposal that I've submitted in early July (see my proposal here), I don't care if the Core developer is the Project Leader or not. But I don't want to exclude him from being the Project Leader. If he has the talent/skills to do it, I don't have any problems with it. And for me, there is no conflict of interests in it.

Actually, as someone who has played the part of trying to be lead developer and project manager when I first started Zarilia, yes I was quite easy, but with time and the fact that the project was growing I quickly realised that I could not play both parts and decided to concentrate on the development side and we brought in Ricardo for project management side.

Project leader and core developer is NOT a one man job, and anyone who has ever been in that position will tell you so.

As I said before, delagation is the key part of success in any business or project.

skenow
  • 2007/10/26 0:17

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

My name has been forwarded for nomination and I have been asked to consider and respond - it is a difficult decision, only because of the personal attacks being made.

Any and all personal attacks, insinuations, allegations or rumors must cease before convening any new committee, task force, group or council and undertaking any new initiative.

Until these conditions are met, there will be no progress.

I am withholding my response to the nominations.

BlueStocking

@SailJapan,

I ACCEPT your nonimation with great pride.

Your proposal is a great step forward, and possibly a light at the end of the tunnel.

Your input is important!
(at least, as important as mine)

...darcy

skenow
  • 2007/10/26 0:36

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:

@Skenow,

This is/was your invitation (aka opportunity) to become a part of the fix, -- don't blow it!!! If it fails (or succeeds) it may be the last chance you will get to let off steam....

Your input is important!

...darcy

I am deferring my response until later - the deadline presented to me was October 28th. I was merely stating my assessment of the situation and noting the conditions that will influence my decision.

vaughan
  • 2007/10/26 1:06

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
@Skenow,
@Vaughan,
This is/was your invitation (aka opportunity) to become a part of the fix, -- don't blow it!!! If it fails (or succeeds) it may be the last chance you will get to let off steam....

Your input is important!

...darcy

important to who? haven't heard anyone listen so far, y should i expect any different now?

what fix? what committee? a committee for what exactly?

as for invitation, didn't see my name on an invitation. but either way, the 1st thing i'm gonna request is that Damaster be banned. but that ain't gonna happen, so no point in me offering any advice cos i won't be here because of him, so i have no need to fix anything.

i'll just keep coming when the pratts like marco & Damaster appear just to respond to all their false accusations and liableous comments.

BlueStocking

Vaughan,
THE ORIGINAL POST
Proposal: Towards A Sustainable Open Source Project

Quote:

This document is the first step in this process. If there appears to be broad support for this proposal we will proceed to step 2 (note, a more detailed implementation schedule is included below).
We request community members to submit constructive comments and suggestions on the process for developing a management structure for the XOOPS Project outlined in this document. It must be emphasised that this proposal is simply the starting point for beginning discussions, not the end point.

Believe it or not, if you could actually comment on the content of the original post, I, for one, think IT MIGHT BE, Just might be useful information to consider.
I KNOW your opinion along those lines would be as important to the project as my own. Along with your obvious distaste for other members of the group, you do support a link to xoopsinfo with the statement you support XOOPS over there.

I respectfully request, you support XOOPS over here too or go back to xoopsinfo. Hijacking the work being done here for your own vengeful purposes is not appreciated. (phppp's and SailJapan's efforts at consolidating the proposals)

I am also interested in the welfare of xoops. I could care less about your obsession with ... whoever.
Get on subject or get off the thread.

My opinion....
BS

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits