AlexSolo
Icons of some installed modules not showing up on the left column!
  • 2007/10/20 15:27

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/8 1

For some unknown reason I no-longer get the module icon and acompaning link to show up on the left column in the admin section when installing new modules. The only way I can admin the newer modules is to go directly to the modules section and click on the appropriate installed module. Also I have several (3)"module not found" entries that I cannot seem to get rid of. I have removed the offending (improperly installed modules). How can I fix these annoyances? I assume it is a template issue!

Chappy
Re: Icons of some installed modules not showing up on the left column!
  • 2007/10/20 17:28

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Issue 1:

Try this. Go into the cache directory and delete everything but index.html. Make sure and delete adminmenu.php. When you then go into your admin pages, your site will regenerate the adminmenu.php. IT will indicate that you have not been into the admin home page before because it is regenerating the menu data before. MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP BEFORE DOING THIS...

Issue 2:

I suspect you uninstalled the module but you have one of several possible issues: In a module directory you have incomplete module files for the given module or you have only the module directory name with no files. The page load will show that error in module admin if you have module directories with incomplete module files, no files, or incorrect files for that given module. You can bank on it. Sometimes, when that error has occurred, it is because I inadvertently uploaded some of the module files to an incorrect module, or uploaded some of the module files without actually putting them into a directory.

How to fix?

Review each directory in ROOT/MODULES to make sure that only the files unique to each module are in that directory, that there are no files themselves at all in the ROOT/MODULES directory except index.html, and that the files in each directory only pertain that that module.

HTH
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

AlexSolo
  • 2007/10/20 21:18

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/8 1

Only page being cached was the adminmenu.php page. Trashed that and regenerated it. Nothing changed.
I have 16 modules installed (including 3 "pagewrap modules")I assume they get no admin capabilities, so 13 modules with only 8 showing up on the left hand column. No extcal, no forum, no contact us. All modules working as expected. As well as the "module not found" in the mail list! I can't elieve I screwed up loading at least 3 modules!

Could something be wrong with the "Page Wrap " module I am using cause I see installed dates for those and the "module not found" items to be identical.

Chappy
  • 2007/10/21 7:21

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

What version XOOPS are you using?

I don't know if pageWrap plays nice with the current version. I don't believe it does, but not sure. Perhaps someone else knows.

Also, you may want to try this re: the admin menu: delete everything in templates_c except index.html and see what happens.

Chappy
  • 2007/10/21 7:35

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

I just saw your post here.

I suspect that this use of page wrap is the answer to both problems. I am not at all familiar with pagewrap, but I suspect that it is also the issue with the module not found issue as well. If you have several of these modules and they are not configured in some special way, perhaps it may be that XOOPS is not recognizing them and therefore is also not showing the appropriate icons. It sounds like there were some other folks in that thread who knew what they were doing with that mod so it may be helpful to f/u with them, as well.

Good luck. Wish I could have helped.

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits