optikool
Re: x_movie module installation help
  • 2007/9/4 4:12

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/26

The swf movies have been moved to here and here. Keep in mind the skins that are show are not available in the current version...

1dell
  • 2007/10/15 18:16

• 1dell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/10/8

I'm really jealous you guys got this to work. It's not working for me. I keep my file stored on a media hosting service. after I fill-in-the-blank info is a black screen with the "loading" ticker swirling tick by tick and nothing ever comes up. What do I need to do to correct this? I've tried this with FLV files, a Youtube Link, and I'm about to experiment with an avi file.

1dell
  • 2007/10/15 18:32

• 1dell

• Just popping in

well just tried the avi file. still nothing.all i see is the player with a black screen no video. When I post the link from youtube all i see is a white blank area where the video should be

1dell
  • 2007/10/15 18:39

• 1dell

• Just popping in

And when I try to look into my /etc/ folder there no files in there. I don't know where to find my php.ini file to change the file size acceptables

optikool
  • 2007/10/16 4:32

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

1dell,

If you created the flash video and you have the fla's located on another server, you need to give your swf file a link for the path, otherwise it will look in the same directory as the swf file by default.

Not sure why your avi file didn't play unless your browser didn't have the plugin. As for youtube I'm not sure why that didn't work either. As long as your browser can play shockwave flash videos it should work.

1dell
  • 2007/10/18 11:43

• 1dell

• Just popping in

it may have something to do with 2048 which is the defaul size video the module is set to limit. I can't seem to change this. I've been looking high and low for my php.ini file and can't find it. It's not in the etc folder. I guess I'll have to create my own or use someone elses and upload it to my etc folder?

optikool
  • 2007/10/18 17:58

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

If you tried to upload a file that was to large, you would get an error, so wouldn't see the video displayed. I'm don't understand what you mean by 2048. Default size limit would not be 2048K... that's only two megs. And if you are trying to upload 2048mb's... that would also be 2 gig which nobody would want to play. On the main menu you should see Max Upload Size Permitted: and Max Post Size Permitted: which tells you you're limit on uploads. x_movies is set to not exceed the limit set in php.ini. If you have access to the shell you can run the command...

find / -name php.ini in the shell and as long as you have the access rights to run find it will print out a list of all the php.ini file locations on your server.

GG-Xtreme
  • 2007/11/12 6:38

• GG-Xtreme

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/11/12

The YouTube URL embed function doesn't seem to work, as it just embeds "http://www.youtube.com/v/" without the video id. Unfortunately, I don't have enough PHP experience to fix this.

optikool
  • 2007/11/12 16:41

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

Hi GG-Xtreme,

Please post the full URL of the you tube video and also let me know how you are adding it.

Thanks
Optikool

GG-Xtreme
  • 2007/11/12 17:06

• GG-Xtreme

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/11/12

I've tried bothhttp://youtube.com/watch?v=DTQyzopa4Eo andhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTQyzopa4Eo

The PHP sscanf function seems to not work for youtube because it doesn't get the id properly. Here's my site:http://mercx.exofire.net

It works if I modify the video URL in the admin cp after I add, which for some reason always gets stored as "http://www.youtube.com/v". Every other type of video URL works except for YouTube. I have tried several different version of X_Movie and eventually settled on 2.6 custom, which I then modified to fix language and form bugs. I also removed the EMBED option, but YouTube still didn't work before I made these changes.

Edit: I looked through submit.php, tpl_player.php and some other files, and I can't find anything wrong. I even tried copying the Google video code and modifying the URL and sscanf line to accept a-zA-Z0-9- and it still didn't work. I've also noticed that the Japanese version doesn't have any of the form bugs that I had to manually fix, but the Japanese version displays variable names and such instead of text.

Login

Who's Online

272 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 272

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits