nmshah
not able to make changes in config settings in dokuwiki 2.1
  • 2007/10/10 8:51

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/7/2 8

After making some changes in the config settings options in admin in dokuwiki and clicking save i get a blank page. After this the module starts giving blank page. The changes i tried making are
1. Enable comments option
2. tags

jayjay
Re: not able to make changes in config settings in dokuwiki 2.1
  • 2007/10/10 9:05

• jayjay

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/10

Quote:

nmshah wrote:
After making some changes in the config settings options in admin in dokuwiki and clicking save i get a blank page. After this the module starts giving blank page. The changes i tried making are
1. Enable comments option
2. tags

Hi nmshah,

You should not make changes in dokuwiki admin or php files to make these plugins work.

Dokuwiki for XOOPS 2.10 has some plugins pre-installed. These should work out of the box. Please visit the dokuwiki website for support on both the tag and discussion plugins.

Peekay
  • 2007/10/10 9:13

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Unless things have changed, the local.php supplied with the module contains custom code that is needed to make DokuWiki work with Xoops. Problem is... if you change *anything* in DokuWiki configuration manager, (e.g. I once changed the language from 'FR' to 'EN') it over-writes the local.php file with an updated version... minus the essential code.

If you have changed DokuWiki settings, replacing local.php from the distro may get your site back.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

jayjay
  • 2007/10/10 9:18

• jayjay

• Not too shy to talk

Hi Peekay,

Hadn't encountered that behaviour before. Could you mail me the newly created local.php? This is something for the 2.11 release (along with your changes to the stylesheet for lists ).

You have PM.

Peekay
  • 2007/10/10 9:41

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Hi jayjay,

What I mean is, when you make any changes in DokuWiki admin, it over-writes the version of local.php that is supplied with the XOOPS module. The over-write doesn't contain the special XOOPS code, so the module fails.

At least it did, maybe not in the latest version?.

jayjay
  • 2007/10/10 9:49

• jayjay

• Not too shy to talk

Well, I have tested the admin section of the latest version 2.10 and I do not get this behaviour. If you ever upgrade (and I urge you to do so ) and you get this behaviour: please let me know.

There may be some code left-over in certain files. This is code I commented out because the new dokuwiki version didn't use it anymore. I kept it hidden for future reference and I wrote a nice accompanying text.

I will delete this code in the next release altogether, because it may be confusing to less experienced users.

Peekay
  • 2007/10/10 10:05

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

The problem I had was with 2.0 RC. I'm using 2.02 at present, but I confess I say well away from the configuration manager!. Will certainly try the new version when I get time.

As a feature request, integrating XOOPS groups and DokuWiki ACL would be nice, to control access to namespaces.

nmshah
  • 2007/10/10 22:51

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/7/2 8

thamk you for your replies, i want to make the changes in admin as i want the discussion column by default. On going through the config options i saw what i needed, so is there anyother way to do so. and also is there a way to add the pages of dokuwiki in sitemap 1.30

jayjay
  • 2007/10/11 7:28

• jayjay

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

nmshah wrote:
thamk you for your replies, i want to make the changes in admin as i want the discussion column by default. On going through the config options i saw what i needed, so is there anyother way to do so. and also is there a way to add the pages of dokuwiki in sitemap 1.30

You do not need the admin section for this! You can enable site-wide discussion easily through the discussion plugin.

Please visit the dokuwiki website for support on both the tag and discussion plugins.

I have no plans for a sitemap module plugin at this time.

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits