optikool
Re: x_movie support site ?
  • 2007/8/9 19:34

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/26

mrphilong,

I uploaded the version of this module you are using here GG Eyenetdesigns and it appeared to work accept for the already defined error constants posted earlier and the text still being in Japanese at the top of the movie main menu. The only think I didn't like it it didn't resize the video to maintain the ratio. Also I'm not sure why it shows the size of the file when it should show the length of the video. The video on this site is an uploaded video.

optikool
  • 2007/8/9 19:42

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

konaafob wrote:
Thanks optikool. I saw video upload feature and when I uploaded the file it uploaded but I don't see the uploaded files in uploads folder ( which I created and changed the permissions to 777 ) or I don't it in the files to be Approved list.

Do you have any plans to convert the uploaded videos into .FLV files ?

konaafob,

I'm still looking into the flv support, unfortunately my live server is running Fedora Core 4 and ffmpeg and flvtool2 is not apart of this package and is also not an easy thing to install. I'm seeing if I can upgrade to Fedora Core 5 which would allow me to just use Yum to get these installed. In the mean time I have virtual machines at work where I have FC5 and Ubuntu installed so during my free time I'm working on a script to convert a movie to flv format. I will let you know when it's finished and integrated into my version of x_movie. Keep in mind, if your Service Provider doesn't have ffmpeg or flvtool installed on the server you wont be able to use this feature.

Rectis
  • 2007/8/11 7:00

• Rectis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/2 1

1. How can I disable the submit video button for registerd users?
2. How can i change the colours of th module?

optikool
  • 2007/8/11 19:59

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

Rectis,

The current module does not support disabling the submit video button for registered users. I have added support for this on the module version I have been working on. You can find it on my web site. The colors can be changed by modifying the style.css located in the root directory of the x_movie module.

Rectis
  • 2007/8/12 20:00

• Rectis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/2 1

Thank you for the download. I did the module upgrade but now I cannot upload any video. I get the following error
Error Code: 0013

ERROR: Could not query the database.
Error: Unknown column 'width' in 'field list'

optikool
  • 2007/8/13 3:37

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

Rectis,

Take a look at the sql file supplied with this modules and look for the following line...

#
# Table structure for table `mymovie_links`
#

Make sure your database structure matches the database structure of the table below this heading. You are missing the "width" field. You are probably also missing the "height" field too. You can use your database admin to add these fields to thet x_movie table.

kevcar
  • 2007/10/7 19:56

• kevcar

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/2 1

HI,

Can you give further in depth details on how to change the PHP.ini file and how do I locate it.

Have tried to upload a small wmv file of less than 2mb and it come back with url error when I use the browse my computer button and then click the upload button.

any help with this please

Thanks

optikool
  • 2007/10/8 16:44

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

Hi Kevcar,

Did you click on the radio button for the upload so that the url field disappears and is replaced by an upload option? I plan to change that option because they don't display correctly for some reason. If you go to the main menu you can see the file upload size your php.ini file will allow. You can adjust the size allowed in the preferences but it will be adjusted if you choose a size larger then what in php.ini. On unix php.ini is located in /etc/php.ini. On windows it will be in the root directory where you installed php.

Optikool

kevcar
  • 2007/10/8 17:35

• kevcar

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/2 1

Hi and thanks for your quick reply,

I did click on the radio button,them browsed for a test video file to upload, then selected a category, entered some text for the description and clicked the submit button and a url error showed up.

I have made my max upload size to 60mb in the php.ini file

I adjusted the size allowed in the preferences, i changed it to 62914560 and Max 60 KByte ie (61440) comes up under the movie URL.

This is in my php.ini file:

register_globals = on
upload_max_filesize = 60M

optikool
  • 2007/10/8 17:44

• optikool

• Not too shy to talk

Hi Kevcar,

Can you try clicking on the Auto radio button on the Screenshot URL line and let me know what happens?

Thanks
Optikool

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits