Opterongeek
Frameworks? Random Bug?

My lividness is well known with XOOPS as of late, so I'll save that for now...

I'm using 2.0.17 (or so says the admin page at the bottom) and I'm using CBB 3.05, and I thought I finally fixed all of my "blank page" troubles, but I cannot for the life of me fix this latest one...

I can use the functions of the forum just fine, and posts are showing up after a submit, but right after the submit and again when you try to view the page, it's bloody blank again!

I would give up at this point, but I've already developed the content for the site and switching back now would mean hours more of customization with a CMS I have no experience with.

I know you guys are tired of seeing the same posts over and over again, but how about a sticky with this kind of stuff in it that's easy to find in the search box eh? :P

I've uploaded Frameworks (1.2 doesn't work, 1.1 works, but I have this problem) and I have the new class folder uploaded as well. What is the dealio?

irmtfan
Re: Frameworks? Random Bug?
  • 2007/10/2 16:30

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Framework 1.2 should work fine. what do you mean by saying it "dosnt work"?
any blank page? do you turn on php debug?

Anonymous
Re: Frameworks? Random Bug? Bush's underwear?
  • 2007/10/2 17:11

• Anonymous

• Since:

CBB3.08 is the current version and when it was released the then current version of Frameworks was 1.10 and the xoopseditor package was also numbered 1.10

I used these three together on my XOOPS 2.0.17 installations (three of 'em) without a problem.

Perhaps you could try this combination?

CBB 3.08 can be found on the dev site - click here to download

Frameworks 1.10 is here

xoopseditors 1.10 is here

This is the combination I use - try it

Opterongeek

Quote:

JAVesey wrote:
CBB3.08 is the current version and when it was released the then current version of Frameworks was 1.10 and the xoopseditor package was also numbered 1.10

I used these three together on my XOOPS 2.0.17 installations (three of 'em) without a problem.

Perhaps you could try this combination?

CBB 3.08 can be found on the dev site - click here to download

Frameworks 1.10 is here

xoopseditors 1.10 is here

This is the combination I use - try it

Will do, the only unknown in this variable is that I don't know what version of xoopseditors I'm using...

Opterongeek

Ok... I'm using frameworks and the editor listed here with the CBB. Still getting the blank page when I go to read a forum posting. Debug info says:

Quote:
Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/myroot/public_html/Frameworks/xoops22/class/xoopseditor/xoopseditor.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/myroot/public_html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php on line 577
All errors (2) queries (39) blocks (4) extra (0) timers (5)

irmtfan
  • 2007/10/3 8:45

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

do you upload "Frameworks" and "xoopseditor" in the correct places?

public_html/Frameworks
public_html/class/xoopseditor

also according to this news:
https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3917
you should use Frameworks 1.2 for XOOPS 2.0.17

Ario_Barzan

as JAVesey said, the frameworks still works on cbb, but there are some problemes like you can not update your module and also, with this frame work (1.10) you won`t be able to use Articles module from PHPPP any more, so as said by irmtfan use the latest version (1.20)!
and about the XOOPS editor, you can download the latest version from here

Opterongeek

Alright, so I'll use the latest of each, but I still don't think it'll fix the problem... I tried it before earlier and it didn't do a thing to solving it.

To be on the safe side, I am removing the folders before I replace them (yes, they're all in the right locations :) ) and then uploading these new copies just in case...

I'll report back when it's done...

Also a quick question, I'm using a Linux server, does the file name for the folder matter at all? I notice that it's a capital "F" instead of lower case while it's uploading (in the word "Frameworks"). Should that matter?

irmtfan
  • 2007/10/4 5:10

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

Quote:

I notice that it's a capital "F" instead of lower case while it's uploading (in the word "Frameworks")

yes it all matters both for XOOPS and your web server apache

Opterongeek

Quote:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/myroot/public_html/modules/newbb/class/topic.php on line 40

Same problem, slightly different error. It doesn't matter what pack I use. I'm ready to give up, does anyone have a fix that I haven't found yet?

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits