MySQL Version:4.122 Standard
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other):Apache/1.3.37
Operating System: Windows XP
Theme you are using: gramophone
Custom template: (Yes/No)N
PHP Debug Messages:n/a
MySQL Debug Messages:n/a
Smarty Debug Messages:n/a

A full description of the issue: Neither of these modules will load. I get an error when going through modules in XOOPS system admin that says "Module File for Not Found!" and when I click on "install," I get a message that says, "Unable to install . Error(s): Module already exists."

I am very much a novice and this is all a hit and miss experimental process for me!! Am I forgetting to override something? Am I supposed to rename the files on my server or something? I have been uploading them to my "public html" folder and extracting the file contents in "modules."

ewonline
Re: Module File for Not Found???
  • 2007/9/20 4:47

• ewonline

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/17

Usually that message means that the module is missing the xoops_version.php file. Or that the directory specified in xoops_version.php for that module is different from the directory its currently in. [ie. you renamed the module's directory from the original name]

Check the directories (/modules/MODNAME/) for those 2 modules and see if xoops_version.php is in there.
Resized Image

pigmetal
  • 2007/9/20 17:25

• pigmetal

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/28

Thank you for the response. The xoops_version.php file is located there, but when I clicked "show contents of file", the following text caught my attention:

f( ! defined( 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH' ) ) exit ;

$mydirname = basename( dirname( __FILE__ ) ) ;
if( preg_match( '/^myalbum(\d*)$/' , $mydirname , $regs ) ) {
$myalbum_number = $regs[1] ;
} else {
echo "invalid dirname of myalbum: " . htmlspecialchars( $mydirname ) ;
}
$_SESSION['myalbum_mydirname'] = $mydirname ;

After downloading each of the modules, I have saved them in zip files on my desktop, renamed them (so I would know what they were-- i.e. "image gallery") and then uploaded them from my desktop into my public html files on my server.

Should I NOT rename them?? Do you think that is the problem? Thanks.

stefan88
  • 2007/9/20 18:08

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi

Quote:
Should I NOT rename them?? Do you think that is the problem?

Yes, you should not rename the module folders! You should upload a folder, containing xoops_version.php with files and subfolders to your modules folder. Some modules are packed with fill path like modules/MODULENAME/..., upload only MODULENAME folder. Some modules require add ons to be uploaded too - CBB, article and other xoopsforge modules need Frameworks. Some smart factory modules need smart objects. GiJoe modules need XOOPS_TRUSTED_PATH to be set in mainfile.php and some content to be uploaded in trusted folder - read the readme for those ...

Some modules (very few) could change their folder name. Others (very few too) could be cloned into folders with diferent name, usualy those have a clone script.

If you need to change the name of the module in the main menu use the admin menu -> modules and type the name there.

:)

pigmetal
  • 2007/9/23 22:01

• pigmetal

• Just popping in

I just tried to install a new module (XOOPS2_mod_content-0.5.zip) without renaming it and I'm still receiving the same error. When I clicked on the file which is located in public_html/modules/(Current Folder) to extract the contents, this is what pops up:

Archive: XOOPS2_mod_content-0.5.zip
replace html/modules/content/admin/fckeditor/editor/skins/default/toolbar/button.about.gif? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: NULL
(assuming [N]one)

Am I supposed to go in and change permissions on this file or something? I wanted to go into "Read Me" to see what if anything I should do for this particular module, but "Read Me" is not even listed b/c the file is still in a "zip" state for some reason in my folder (even though I thought I extracted everything). Also when I upload any files on my server, there is a button I can check that says, "overwrite existing files." Should I do that? Or should I just create a new folder located inside modules? I just can't understand why the reason for me not being able to install these is b/c "file already exists." Thanks for the help and I'm sure there is probably something really elementary that I'm just missing b/c I barely know what I'm doing!!!

pigmetal
  • 2007/9/24 18:21

• pigmetal

• Just popping in

Hate to be a pest here, but SOMEONE please respond to my last query. I REALLY REALLY need the help as I have gotten absolutely nowhere and cannot proceed any further without an editing tool and plug-ins for my site. Thanks.

stefan88
  • 2007/9/24 18:52

• stefan88

Hi,

if it is the same archive I have, inside it there is 'html' folder, with 'modules' folder inside and 'content' folder inside = html/modules/content. Extract this to your hard drive and upload 'content' folder with all its content to your web server in modules folder.

:)

pigmetal
  • 2007/9/26 16:22

• pigmetal

• Just popping in

Worked like a charm Stefan and thanks so much for all of your help! :) Seems like this portion of the module is the "meat" of it. I would assume it is safe (always reading the "README" of course)to believe that the "meat" of the module is truly the only portion of it that should be uploaded. Thanks again!!!

pigmetal
  • 2007/9/27 14:32

• pigmetal

• Just popping in

Help!! I ended up going on a module uploading spree yesterday.

I uploaded TechThemeConfig Bundle 2.0 and followed the directions in the Readme file precisely. Everything appeared to upload perfectly and my module installed. When I went to my root domain however (to see what the new theme(s) looked like), a blank white page was there with "File Module for File Not Found" error message!

This is becoming a cosmic joke! The installation of this module required that I overwrite the existing header.php file with the new header.php file that came with TechTheme. I did that. I left a content module that I uploaded previously on my server though. Should I have deleted that first? Do you think one of these could be the problem?

stefan88
  • 2007/9/27 19:09

• stefan88

Hi,

that header file is from pre 2.0.14 xoops. There are some changes and it will not work, you will have to reupload the file from your version...

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits