nmshah
xoops like site?
  • 2007/9/23 19:45

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/7/2 8

i want to know what are the modules that the xoops.org uses.

Basically i'm interested in making a homepage with blocks explaining what are the various sections in my site about.

Then i want to be able to display the latest articles from the articles module and posts from the forum. Also which forum module should i be using.

Also what is the difference between docuwiki & wiwimod.

nmshah
Re: xoops like site?
  • 2007/9/23 20:41

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

regarding my question on blocks to explain different sections, i probably can do it by using add a new block option from the blocks menu. But i want to add different background pictures to different blocks explaining the sections. How can i do this using the default editor.
Is there a way to change the default editor to fckeditor or koivi to add new blocks.

nmshah
  • 2007/9/26 20:35

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

can any one please help me with this. How should i create blocks with different background? and also with the other questions i had asked pls.

Will_H
  • 2007/9/26 22:10

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

HTML + CSS = Bada Bing!

In a new block, set to HTML

<table width="100%" style="background-image: url(wheresyourimage?) repeat-(x OR y);">
<
tr>
<
td>Your content</td>
</
tr>
</
table>

nmshah
  • 2007/9/27 11:27

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

Thanks for the reply, will try this out.

Also what is the difference between docuwiki and wikimod and mediawiki and phpwiki?

i need a wiki where the members can contribute i.e add and edit content and topics. Which wiki should i be using?

markesh
  • 2007/9/27 12:35

• markesh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/7/14

Hi,

if you want to know which modules are used, just point to the menu items and have a look at the browser's status bar. E.g. "Support Forums" shows "xoopsurl/modules/newbb/". The information right after "modules/" is the name of the module, which in the example is "newbb". Now go to download section here or any other XOOPS site and download and install this module. Nevertheless it's not always the same because they might use a different version of that module...

hth & kind regards
markesh/karim
First German XOOPS book: XOOPS-Buch.de

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits