Anonymous
Re: XOOPS 2.0.17.1 Final
  • 2007/9/24 19:38

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
script_fu wrote:

I only have the two files above in my cache folder. Are there more files missing?

I don't think so.

There's very little in my /cache folder other than adminmenu.php, xoopseditor.php and index.html

There's a couple of temporary files but nothing significant that wouldn't be regenerated.

script_fu

adminmenu.php
index.html

I wonder if Dave_L ment index.html but wrote .php?

jfmoore
  • 2007/9/24 20:05

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

Quote:

JAVesey wrote:
Quote:
jfmoore wrote:

These instructions do not tell you to delete mainfile.php.....

Provided your mainfile.php on the remote server had the correct CHMOD setting of 444 then it wouldn't be overwritten.

However, I do agree with what you say about the correct instructions and where they should be located.

It was chmod-ed to 444, and it was overwritten. In FTP-ing the files up, you have to grant permission to replace the files. You can do it all or one at time, which would be impractical. Doesn't a chmod-ed 444 file get replaced, too?

Jere

Anonymous
  • 2007/9/24 20:38

• Anonymous

• Since:

My FTP client (CuteFTP) registers an error and doesn't overwrite CHMOD 444 files. Perhaps it's a setting I inadvertently use?

Doesn't change the fact that you are right about the instructions

Dave_L
  • 2007/9/24 20:55

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Quote:
I wonder if Dave_L meant index.html but wrote .php?

Yes, I meant index.html.

script_fu

On my fourth install I can confirm that the error message is in fact - "failed open file" .

Dave_L
  • 2007/9/25 0:39

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

To help troubleshoot, could you try this?

In the file include/cp_functions.php, in functions xoops_module_write_admin_menu and xoops_write_index_file,

change:

if ( !$file fopen($filename"w") ) {
   echo 
'failed open file';

to:

error_reporting(E_ALL E_STRICT);
ini_set('display_errors');
$file fopen($filename"w");
var_dump('filename'$filename'file'$file);
if (!
$file) {
   echo 
'failed open file';

sleep(60);

And post the output from the var_dump's, along with any error messages.

Actually, I'm a little suspicious of the original code. Personally, I prefer a more explicit check when I use fopen:
if ( ($file fopen($filename"w")) === false ) {

But I'm not sure if it would make any difference here.

Dave_L
  • 2007/9/25 0:44

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

Quote:

jfmoore wrote:
The upgrade instructions in the Upgrade directory are wrong.

Thanks, we'll get that fixed.

script_fu

Which one should I change Dave? Top one, bottom or both?

$filename XOOPS_CACHE_PATH.'/adminmenu.php';
    if ( !
$file fopen($filename"w") ) {
        echo 
'failed open file';
        return 
false;
    }
    if ( 
fwrite($file$content) == -) {
        echo 
'failed write file';
        return 
false;
    }

fclose($file);

// write index.html file in cache folder
    // file is delete after clear_cache (smarty)

xoops_write_index_fileXOOPS_CACHE_PATH );
    return 
true;
}

function 
xoops_write_index_file$path '') {
    if ( empty(
$path) ) {
        return 
false;
    }
    if (!
xoopsfwrite()) {
        return 
false;
    }

$path substr($path, -1) == "/" substr($path0, -1) : $path;

$filename $path '/index.html';
    if ( !
$file fopen($filename"w") ) {
        echo 
'failed open file';
        return 
false;
    }

script_fu

I changed them both. I seen a bunch of something pass bye. I cannot reproduce what it was on site 1 and 2.

I have debug on and cleared templates_c before I installed.

So yes something happened but what or how much I don't know.

I did find this when I updated the system module fishing around.

Strict StandardsNon-static method XoopsLogger::instance() should not be called statically in /home/mydomain/public_html/class/logger.php on line 228
string
(8"filename" string(46"/home/mydomain/public_html/cache/adminmenu.php" string(4"file" resource(138of type (stream)
Strict StandardsNon-static method XoopsLogger::instance() should not be called statically in /home/mydomain/public_html/class/logger.php on line 228
string
(8"filename" string(43"/home/mydomain/public_html/cache/index.html" string(4"file" resource(139of type (stream)

Strict Standards
Non-static method XoopsLogger::instance() should not be called statically in /home/mydomain/public_html/class/logger.php on line 228

Strict Standards
Non-static method XoopsLogger::instance() should not be called statically in /home/mydomain/public_html/class/logger.php on line 228

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards

Strict Standards
Module data updated
Updating templates...

Template system_imagemanager.html inserted to the database.

Template system_imagemanager.html recompiled.

Template system_imagemanager2.html inserted to the database.

Template system_imagemanager2.html recompiled.

Template system_userinfo.html inserted to the database.

Template system_userinfo.html recompiled.

Template system_userform.html inserted to the database.

Template system_userform.html recompiled.

Template system_rss.html inserted to the database.

Template system_rss.html recompiled.

Template system_redirect.html inserted to the database.

Template system_redirect.html recompiled.

Template system_comment.html inserted to the database.

Template system_comment.html recompiled.

Template system_comments_flat.html inserted to the database.

Template system_comments_flat.html recompiled.

Template system_comments_thread.html inserted to the database.

Template system_comments_thread.html recompiled.

Template system_comments_nest.html inserted to the database.

Template system_comments_nest.html recompiled.

Template system_siteclosed.html inserted to the database.

Template system_siteclosed.html recompiled.

Template system_dummy.html inserted to the database.

Template system_dummy.html recompiled.

Template system_notification_list.html inserted to the database.

Template system_notification_list.html recompiled.

Template system_notification_select.html inserted to the database.

Template system_notification_select.html recompiled.

Template system_block_dummy.html inserted to the database.

Template system_block_dummy.html recompiled.
Rebuilding blocks...

Block User Menu updatedBlock ID1
  Template system_block_user
.html updated.

Template system_block_user.html recompiled.

Block Login updatedBlock ID2
  Template system_block_login
.html updated.

Template system_block_login.html recompiled.

Block Search updatedBlock ID3
  Template system_block_search
.html updated.

Template system_block_search.html recompiled.

Block Waiting Contents updatedBlock ID4
  Template system_block_waiting
.html updated.

Template system_block_waiting.html recompiled.

Block Main Menu updatedBlock ID5
  Template system_block_mainmenu
.html updated.

Template system_block_mainmenu.html recompiled.

Block Site Info updatedBlock ID6
  Template system_block_siteinfo
.html updated.

Template system_block_siteinfo.html recompiled.

Block Who's Online updated. Block ID: 7
  Template system_block_online.html updated.
  Template system_block_online.html recompiled.
  Block Top Posters updated. Block ID: 8
  Template system_block_topusers.html updated.
  Template system_block_topusers.html recompiled.
  Block New Members updated. Block ID: 9
  Template system_block_newusers.html updated.
  Template system_block_newusers.html recompiled.
  Block Recent Comments updated. Block ID: 10
  Template system_block_comments.html updated.
  Template system_block_comments.html recompiled.
  Block Notification Options updated. Block ID: 11
  Template system_block_notification.html updated.
  Template system_block_notification.html recompiled.
  Block Themes updated. Block ID: 12
  Template system_block_themes.html updated.
  Template system_block_themes.html recompiled.

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLogger::instance() should not be called statically in /home/mydomain/public_html/class/logger.php on line 228

Module System updated successfully.

Back to Module Administration page
Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLogger::instance() should not be called statically in /home/mydomain/public_html/class/logger.php on line 228

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits