trspice
Module admin error with 'iMenu' in modules folder
  • 2007/9/18 19:33

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/3/24

When I upload iMenu module to my modules folder it doesn't show in the list and causes all modules in alphabetical order after, not to display either. It works fine on my local server though.

Debug message;
Fatal error: Call to undefined function phpdefine() in /home/trmag/public_html/modules/iMenu/language/english/modinfo.php on line 1

I deleted 'modinfo.php' and reloaded the page and the module still won't show and this time debug says;
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/trmag/public_html/modules/iMenu/xoops_version.php on line 1

Other efforts;
I looked at other modules and the only difference I saw were comments at the top so I added comment slashes just after the PHP tag in both files like
<?php
//
and now 'Module File for Not Found!' diplays in the list and all other modules following are now displayed and debug says;
Notice: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' in file /modules/iMenu/xoops_version.php line 1

Can anyone advise how to make this work? Thanks.

Remote system:
XOOPS Version:
XOOPS 2.0.16

XOOPS Template Set:

PHP Version:

MySQL Version:
4.1.22-standard

Server Software:
Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b

local system:
XOOPS Version:
XOOPS 2.0.16

XOOPS Template Set:

PHP Version:

MySQL Version:
5.0.18-nt-log

Server Software:
Apache/2.2.0 (Win32) PHP/5.1.2
There's nothing but science....
The Reggae Album

jegelstaff
Re: Module admin error with 'iMenu' in modules folder

Hello,

Replace the original modinfo.php file. Just deleting a file pretty much never solves your problem.

This would appear to be a problem with how your system is interpreting the line breaks in the file. If possible, open up the file on the server using the command line, and edit it and make sure there are two line breaks between each line (press Enter twice after each line). Then save it.

Do that for modinfo.php and xoops_version.php.

If you can't do that on the command line, then do it locally and upload the modified files.

More information is in this thread...

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2115&forum_id=745

I thought that problem had been taken care of, but obviously not (unless you're using an old version of iMenu).

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

trspice
  • 2007/9/19 15:46

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

The error is fixed. The original downloaded files had double spaced lines. When I downloaded modinfo.php and xoops_version.php I saw that the lines became joined making it like one long word. I added a single line break for each define and uploaded and all is well.

Thanks
The Reggae Album

trspice
  • 2007/9/19 16:26

• trspice

• Not too shy to talk

It seems not all is well. I was able to install the module and thought that meant all was would work but now that I added a menu when I go to the home page it is blank and debug reports an error with /language/english/blocks.php.

When I download the file it has the same joined line as the others. I use TextPad to edit php files and when I open the original files they look correct however when I open them in Notepad I see them as joined lines. Apparently all the original files have that problem.

How can I add line breaks in bulk or is there a format I should save as to make it retain the state that I see it in TextPad?

Hmmm... Now I need to review all those modules I threw out because they had the same errors.
The Reggae Album

jegelstaff

Not all text editors are created equal. Notepad in particular is terrible at interpreting line breaks that use a syntax different from Windows' default.

So just because it looks wrong doesn't mean it is wrong.

The only thing that matters is whether your server reads the files the right way or not. In some isolated cases, a server will not read the files as expected.

I would look for a server based solution, change some setting related to how it reads linkbreaks, rather than altering the files. Altering the files is treating the symptom, not the problem. The problem is with your server.

Unfortunately, I do not know anything about server configuration options that may be relevant here. Sorry.

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

Login

Who's Online

252 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 252

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits